New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    These U.S. legislators are a joke!! The U.S. hasn't been paying its UN dues properly for a loooooooooooong time anyway. I think it's pretty clear to most countries (apart from those pro-Bush people) that this is a response to the fact that MOST countries in the UN opposed a morally reprehensible war in Iraq.

And -- in case you did not know: the Bushies are opposing this bill because they want Bush to be given the power to decide whether or not to withhold UN dues (the Bushies don't want the US Congress to be the one to decide).

This is the perfect example of an arrogant rich guy -- they think they're better than anyone else and above the law because they have more money. Tsk, tsk.

How can the UN protect the Palestinians (for example) when the U.S. has been exercising its veto so that Israel can't be stopped from inflicting its policies on a poorer people?
    First, welcome to tsikot. This is a very nice one for your first post.

RE: The U.S. hasn't been paying its UN dues properly for a loooooooooooong time anyway

Maybe if the US stops fighting the war for the entire world, giving aid to those so called third world country who, according you your opinion, pay their dues on-time, the US can probably pay its due on time.

RE: And -- in case you did not know: the Bushies are opposing this bill because they want Bush to be given the power to decide whether or not to withhold UN dues (the Bushies don't want the US Congress to be the one to decide).

This is the perfect example of an arrogant rich guy -- they think they're better than anyone else and above the law because they have more money. Tsk, tsk.

I value your opinion and I'm sorry if you feel that way.

RE: UN opposed a morally reprehensible war in Iraq.

I've been exchanging opinions over this issue for a very long time, Id rather keep my comment short. I guess you can call Saddam's action morally correct. YES, I know Bush wanted to hunt Bin Laden but failed, still looking daw. But Saddam's action against the kurds is what prompt Bush to attack Iraq. Why didnt Saddam just let the UN inspectors stay in Iraq to monitor their program?! The attack in Iraq could have been prevented if only Saddam agreed to have inspected again. Geez, after so many UN resolutions given to Saddam, he failed to comply. Wait, how more US resolution effort do we need again just so Saddam complies?!

I'm not going to get into a history lesson. The short, short version is
    that the League of Nations (established after WW I to prevent wars) failed
    to stop Mussolini's Italy from invading and conquering Ethiopia. It failed
    to stop Japan from invading and conquering Manchuria and much of China.
    Their committees wrung their hands spoke in platitudes but did absolutely
    nothing to stop war.

At France's coaxing Britain's prime minister Nevil Chamberlain met with
    Adolph Hitler in Munich and surrendered the Sudetenland to Nazi Germany in
    the interest of "peace in our time." The French and British watched as
    Germany took Austria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia. They all had committee
    meetings and wrung their hands and talked of peace.

World War II erupted when Nazi Germany invaded Poland. Britain had a
    mutual defense treaty with Poland so they couldn't escape. They declared
    war on Germany. Germany had a mutual defense treaty with Japan so Japan
    declared war on Britain. France wet their pants and surrendered to Germany
    as fast as they could and gleefully shipped all the Jews they could find to
    death camps in Germany to prove to Adolph that they really were on the side
    of Germany.

Japan attacked the United States and, because of Japan's mutual defense
    treaty with Germany, Germany declared war on the United States.

Up until December 7th and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, a large
    number of our people were wringing their hands and saying, "Appease Hitler.
    He is really a good guy who just needed a little more land for his
    expanding population. The dear man just wants peace. And World War II was
    in full swing leaving better than 50,000,000 people dead including about
    450,000 American soldiers and sailors.

Three cheers for the League of Nations!

After World War II it was decided to do the whole thing all over again.
    This time we would call it the United Nations and we will have committee
    meetings and hand wringing parties and make sure peace prevails throughout
    the land.

While that august body wrung hands the Soviet Union split Germany, invaded
    Poland and Yugoslavia, Rumania, Hungary and Bulgaria along with Latvia,
    Lithuania and Estonia. The peaceful world saw Korea with 37,000 American
    soldiers killed, over 1,000,000 South Korean soldiers and civilians killed
    and the country nearly destroyed.

Since then we have had over 50,000 American soldiers killed in Vietnam and
    have fought wars in Somalia, Herzegovenia, Panama, Granada, plus the Gulf
    War when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

We should have gone into Baghdad and taken out that evil regime then but
    the United Nations would have no part of that. All they would allow was for
    us to chase the Iraqis out of Kuwait, then peace would prevail.

Now, here we are with Saddam violating all 17 United Nations resolutions
    while he has massed poison gas and bio weapons.

He is frantically trying to develop a nuke and his buddy, Kim Jong-Il of
    North Korea may give him a few. (It was the United Nations who prevented us
    from taking North Korea when the war was hot and we had the means to do it.)
    Peace!!!!!!!! Sure.

France is wetting their collective pants in fear that the United States
    will take Saddam out and along with him, France's 60 billion dollar
    contracts with Iraq. Russia hedges because Iraq owes them 6 billion dollars
    that they sorely need.

In answer to your question....... hell yes we should go to war with Iraq.
    We should have done it six months ago. We should also get out of the United
    Nations. Can you believe that the United Nations has appointed Iraq and
    Syria to head up the United Nations Disarmament Committee? Can you believe
    they have appointed Libya to head up the Human Rights Committee?

All three of these countries are on the UN List of Terrorist
    States..........Absolutely unbelievable.

Just don't get me going. Throughout recorded history the only time peace
    has prevailed is when the good guys have militarily whipped the bad guys.
    Who are our best friends in the world? Japan because we whipped them.
    Germany because we whipped them. Italy because we whipped them. Britain
    because we whipped them.
    Above quote is an opinion from my fellow veteran. Only he has seen Korean War and WW II and I have only been to Gulf War. According to him, its a different look at the War. I know this would sound selfish or even arrogant, but I wish the US stops from protecting someone else's nation. Let them kill each other, stop all the aid given unto them and just protect the US land. Afterall, the US is being criticize and being dubbed "the wannabe police of the world." But wait, if the US does that, it will then be dubbed as selfish and arrogant again. Try to satisfy both sides and you end up not satisfying no one.

I wish John Kerry won the last election, it would have been nice to blame somebody else, its a blame game afterall.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think we need to colonize another planet real soon bwahahahaha

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    i think we need to colonize another planet real soon bwahahahaha
    And again, the US got the head start...here we come MARS :bwahaha: ayuf! Sabi lang ng NASA na studies of our past ang ginagawa nila dun, pero nabuking mo na sila mbt, jahahahahaha they're studying the future colony...hahahaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :bwahaha: kaya pala ayaw magbayad ng US congress sa UN, malaking pera kailangan sa mars project

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    kaya pala ayaw magbayad ng US congress sa UN, malaking pera kailangan sa mars project
    And they extended both of the rovers life!

:hihihi: it only means one thing for me...job security! hahahahaa

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    And -- in case you did not know: the Bushies are opposing this bill because they want Bush to be given the power to decide whether or not to withhold UN dues (the Bushies don't want the US Congress to be the one to decide).
    how do you know this?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    how do you know this?
    check the political websites in the US

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    First, welcome to tsikot. This is a very nice one for your first post.
    Thank you. There's no sarcasm in that and I hope there's none in your statement.

Maybe if the US stops fighting the war for the entire world, giving aid to those so called third world country who, according you your opinion, pay their dues on-time, the US can probably pay its due on time.
    Nobody asked the U.S. to attack Iraq.

I've been exchanging opinions over this issue for a very long time, Id rather keep my comment short. I guess you can call Saddam's action morally correct. YES, I know Bush wanted to hunt Bin Laden but failed, still looking daw. But Saddam's action against the kurds is what prompt Bush to attack Iraq. Why didnt Saddam just let the UN inspectors stay in Iraq to monitor their program?! The attack in Iraq could have been prevented if only Saddam agreed to have inspected again. Geez, after so many UN resolutions given to Saddam, he failed to comply. Wait, how more US resolution effort do we need again just so Saddam complies?!
    First of all, many of those who defend the US' attack on Iraq always say Saddam is a bad guy. Hey, there has NEVER been an argument about that.

Iraq was never a threat to the U.S.. After invading, the U.S. tells us -- "Ooops, no WMD!!". It's like police raiding a house for drugs, capturing the supposed drug dealer (killing a few dozen bystanders on the way) and saying "Ooops, wrong house!"

Israel has been in violation of UN resolutions for decades (much longer than Iraq) and has nuclear weapons but does it justify Iran or Syrians attacking Israel?

I wish John Kerry won the last election, it would have been nice to blame somebody else, its a blame game afterall.
    Nobody's condemning the US for fighting WWII or the Korean War or the first Iraq war but why are many people so vociferously against this latest Iraq war?

I really think it is VERY VERY SAD that Americans actually believe they are in the right and keep on bashing people who opposed a war that killed more than 100,000 innocent Iraqis. I wish more Americans would swallow their pride and admit they made a huge mistake. They allowed a fanatical leader to lead them to kill so many people (in a poor foreign country) in the name of protecting the "freedom" of Americans. I think it's time for Bush (and his cabal) to apologize.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wwII and korea were one thing, iraq was another. wwII was the free world againts an enemy (the axis powers germany, italy and japan) intending to enslave the whole world. korea was in defense of a member of the UN against a communist invader, just like when the UN sanctioned desert storm to free kuwait from iraq.

the iraq invation was about imagined "intelligence" reports to justify the taking over of that country's oil reserves. DUH! CAN YOU SPELL "HALLIBURTON"? 95% of all contracts in iraq went to Halliburton! and look where we are now, the oil dealers in new york are lording it over the whole world with oil prices at $58/barrel. they are raking in billions of profit while the rest of us suffer with high oil prices. never trust an oilman to run your country dude! he'll milk you and the rest of the world dry!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i don't think "saving other people's nations" or being the "cop of the world" was or is the reason why the US (or at least its leaders) gets involved in such conflicts. the reason is to protect its own interests or gain interest in areas where they don't have any presence but has a lot of potential. thats my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Yabang! US House wants to blackmails UN by not paying its dues