New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Walandyo,- araw-araw, binubuno ng anak ko iyan.... Mabuti na lang,- nakasakay siya sa bus....

13.9K:mop:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    That's why for the meantime, I'm avoiding Coastal Road southbound like the plague. I'd rather use Sucat Road and turn right at the Villar access road (at SM Sucat) then turn left at Gatchalian Village ending up or coming out at Naga Road then on to CAA Road. It may be more circuitous, but a lot saner and the traffic is manageable. Of course a frienship route sticker is a must to enable one to use the inner village roads.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Just when I thought things were going smoothly along Coastal again...... heavy traffic nanaman - southbound!

From the toll gates all the way til zapote - and even more horrendous for bacoor-bound vehicles!!

And I'm hearing Class 1 toll gate rates will become P29!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    Just when I thought things were going smoothly along Coastal again...... heavy traffic nanaman - southbound!

From the toll gates all the way til zapote - and even more horrendous for bacoor-bound vehicles!!

And I'm hearing Class 1 toll gate rates will become P29!
    Only in the Philippines....

Magdaragdag pa ng toll para ma-traffic.....

14.3K:eathis:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Only in the Philippines....

Magdaragdag pa ng toll para ma-traffic.....

This was my exact comment when i made the mistake of passing there going to Las Piñas:

"Nagabayad tayo ng toll fee para ma-traffic at malubak yung kotse mo... nice"

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last night's traffic was really bad. Since the cavite portion going up the bridge was jammed, the "innovative" drivers occupied almost all the lanes along coastal going to the bridge then super swerves to get in. Not only private vehicles but also the buses which I believe contributed heavily to the traffic as they always do.

Once you get up the bridge, some cavite bound motorists already take the LP side and then just tries to squeeze back into the cavite lane which block the LP bound people yet again. Unfortunately, the bridge isn't totally blocked off at the end allowing them to do this. At first I thought it was some sort of consideration for the people still not familiar with the new route but it's been almost 2 weeks now and for those who pass there regularly, they should already know about it by now so the exit route should be divided.

But wait! There's more!

I'm not sure if you guys were able to get this brown paper notice when the bridge re-opened but it shows the complete "plan" for the bridge. Eventually, the LP bound side will be for traffic bound for other parts of cavite and once again LP bound and cavite bound motorist will share the outer lane to get to their destinations. Obviously, this will cause bad traffic jams again as the cavite route gets blocked, cavite bound people will use the LP side to get ahead and try to sneak back into the sometimes grid locked traffic. Hopefully, they will clearly divide the lane for the corresponding traffic to flow to their corresponding destinations without any breaks that errant drivers use to sneak between he lanes and cause jams. I'll see if I can post a photo of this paper for you guys.

If you ask me, the system is good as is right now and they only have to fully seal the exit end to prevent further jams from developing. I hope they no longer proceed with their plans as this will probably just cause more woes for all the motorists involved.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ang labo naman kasi ng mga drivers papuntang Cavite,- hinaharangan ang lane ng papuntang Las Pinas/Zap-Alab Road.... Traffic na traffic na sila,- nandaramay pa (walang disiplina),- kaya labu-labo ang Coastal Road... Hay naku!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    And they're planning to raise toll fees too.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Q: If I keep left on Coastal, can I still make the LP exit?

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    Q: If I keep left on Coastal, can I still make the LP exit?
    A: I think you can't anymore

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WTF is going on at Coastal Southbound/Zapote?