New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Cavite resident here ..... Going home I never use Aguinaldo highway. After Talaba, right turn into Bacoor proper and use the interior roads, way less traffic. Same when going to work.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    If I go straight along Coastal and don't take LP exit on the right will it still lead to LP?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    If I go straight along Coastal and don't take LP exit on the right will it still lead to LP?
    During rush hours, one can still use the old highway portion (going straight). Then upon reaching the overpass, there is a division (detour) where one can turn left to Bacoor/Las Pinas. If you go straight, you'll end up in Kawit. After turning left, you can inch your way to the Las Pinas access road.

Remember, this is only during rush hours.

On normal hours, they close it so that traffic coming from the Kawit/Cavite City using the Cavitex can go straight into Coastal, and not make a U-turn below the interchange. I think they are still doing this scheme because the interchange is not completed yet. Upon completion, we should be using the interchange.

There are additional plans also of widening the road before the Shell gas station. This involves transferring the informal settlers in that area. IMHO, this would greatly help in de-clogging that particular choke point during rush hours.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Unfortunately, yes, and you will be contributing to the traffic blockage as you will be forced to go from the right most lane and cut through the vehicles going to Cavite from the bridge to get to the left side to go to LP. This is even more risky when there is no traffic as if you chance upon a speeding vehicle during that dramatic lane change, you may be in a major accident.

This is the reason why I think it's better to block off the lower road to strictly Cavite traffic only then a divider at the bridge to the lane to LP only leads to LP and not split with Cavite.

On the up side though, the parabolic barricade at the end of the bridge is now smaller and it may be possible to pass straight to the turn to Alabang Zapote depending on the traffic blockage. Best if they got rid of it altogether though.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Holy crap they really need to sort out that portion of the road!! The road is bumpy as hell, especially the Las Pinas exit.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hanggang ngayon pa ba ay sira ang kalye na iyan?....

13.8K:gotcha:

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hanggang ngayon pa ba ay sira ang kalye na iyan?....

13.8K:gotcha:
    Yep! and it seems like they stopped doing any work to fix that area.. sheesh

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    think one of cars has got kalampag due to this shambolic excuse of a road....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe na talag lubak diyan. palabas at papasok ng coastal sobrang lubak na. hindi na nga ako dumadaan sa exit pag hating gabi kasi sobra talaga lubak don. mukhang asphalt lang yun na pinatong sa lupa. yung sa flyover naman bakit kelangan pa patungan ng asphalt yung cement. mas matagal masisira yung cement compared sa asphalt na pag umulan sira kagad. kita niyo yung northbound na flyover eh mukhang wala pang gumagamit may nirerepair na kagad.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    There is still no improvement on this road, this time, the "geniuses" make you go all the way up the flyover and then narrows down the number of vehicles to go down to just one with a little space. Of course, since there is space, drivers will have to fill it up or they will explode and may, and as of last night, has caused an accident due to 2 vehicles trying to squeeze and muscle their way down this road.

The other side, which can accommodate two or more lanes and makes the LP bound journey easier, if of course closed to traffic. Why this is when it was open before, I do not know. I guess they must make things difficult for the average person to show that they are "working."

As their sign used to say, I say used to since I cannot find it anymore to take a photo, "We are sorry for your inconvenience." Quite condescending, isn't it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WTF is going on at Coastal Southbound/Zapote?