New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which would be the cheaper water source?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Which would be the cheaper water source?
    points to consider:

NAWASA
    -potable for drinking
    -free maintenance (shoulder ng mga water company: Manila Water and Maynilad Water)
    -there is water even though there's no electricity
    -alam mo kung gaano kalakas yung consumption mo through billing

Deep Well Pump
    - not potable for drinking
    - high maintenance when the pump suddenly broke down
    - no electricity- no water supply (pump is powered by electricity)
    - di mo alam kung gaano ka kalakas comonsume kasi nasa electricity bill na lahat

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Cheaper? I think NAWASA

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if enough supply and pressure is given and no need to use pump, Maynilad or Manila Water is cheaper but if it also needs aid of electric pump to get the requirement, might as well dig a deepwell kasi ganun din solo mo pa source.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You have to really consider the condition of the water table in your area.

The cost of water on a month to month basis will be dependent on how deep you have to go for that water, and what the water quality is... if there's a lot of dissolved minerals in the ground-water, that means a little more maintenance on the pump side.

To give you an idea of the electricity costs, our pump consumes about 1,500 pesos of electricity every month. BUT: that supplies a canteen, several apartments and my printing press. Best I can figure is that a five person-household would consume about 500 pesos or less, by that estimation. Our pump is on a separate meter because we split our apartment building meter into separate meters. Saves the hassle of having to compute the electricity charge for the tenants by hand.

The real killer is the amount of dissolved minerals in the ground-water. You'll want to invest in a water-softening system, at the very least, to minimize flake build-up and hard water spots on your sinks and faucets.

Also, as more and more people tap into the groundwater in your area, the water table may recede, forcing you to add a few more pipes... which means your pump has to work harder to pull water out of the ground.

As for potability... who actually drinks NAWASA water? I used to live in the Sampaloc area, and the water quality was dreadful... there was the Hepatitis outbreak in UST, there were wrigglers in my tap water at one time... and then there are all those broken lines that crop up from time to time... at the very least, you have to boil it to be sure... everyone I know in the city actually buys water from purifier stations... even those who live relatively close to Balara.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You have to really consider the condition of the water table in your area.

The cost of water on a month to month basis will be dependent on how deep you have to go for that water, and what the water quality is... if there's a lot of dissolved minerals in the ground-water, that means a little more maintenance on the pump side.

To give you an idea of the electricity costs, our pump consumes about 1,500 pesos of electricity every month. BUT: that supplies a canteen, several apartments and my printing press. Best I can figure is that a five person-household would consume about 500 pesos or less, by that estimation. Our pump is on a separate meter because we split our apartment building meter into separate meters. Saves the hassle of having to compute the electricity charge for the tenants by hand.

The real killer is the amount of dissolved minerals in the ground-water. You'll want to invest in a water-softening system, at the very least, to minimize flake build-up and hard water spots on your sinks and faucets.

Also, as more and more people tap into the groundwater in your area, the water table may recede, forcing you to add a few more pipes... which means your pump has to work harder to pull water out of the ground.

As for potability... who actually drinks NAWASA water? I used to live in the Sampaloc area, and the water quality was dreadful... there was the Hepatitis outbreak in UST, there were wrigglers in my tap water at one time... and then there are all those broken lines that crop up from time to time... at the very least, you have to boil it to be sure... everyone I know in the city actually buys water from purifier stations... even those who live relatively close to Balara.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cheaper would be nawasa.... because if you use deepwell, you would still be paying high electricity rates for the deepwell pump.

nawasa is potable? i don't think so... my in-laws who have nawasa, does not drink it direct from the faucet. may lasa din daw. they are also using distilled water...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    when we are still living in Quezon City a few years ago, hindi kami bumibili sa mga water station ng tubig for drinking, iniinom na namin yung galing mismo sa faucet. wala naman nangyari sa amin though minsan nga may lasa. my father guaranteed us that it is safe to drink. BTW, my grandfather is a retired NAWASA/ MWSS employee and my father is currently a Manila Water employee.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kami kasi medyo mahina ang water pressure, so nawasa man kami, we still use a water pump. pinag iisipan nga namin kung mas makakamura sa kuryente if we bought a bigger tank.

imho, it also depends how long you can draw water from deep well. if you invested 100K for the setup, tapos after 2 years wala ka nang makuhang tubig, obviously lugi ka.

ung worst na nangyari sa amin, there was mud coming out the faucet...there was one time din na parang me sebo naghalo sa tubig. needless to say the distilled water stations in our area made a killing.

either way, mud or not mud, i'd boil tap water first.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko depende kung saan gagamitin if ordinary household kahit building pa, mas mura pa rin sa utilities compare sa deep well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which would be cheaper: NAWASA or deep well pump?