New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, a couple of million sounds like a lot of money to me but i don't know how far the peso goes. maybe someone else can enlighten you.

if it can buy you financial security and start you off in a business or an investment, palagay ko ang sarap ng buhay sa pinas. get out of the rat race, have hired help and family, and live well? kaya ba yun?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    apartments are not really that profitable. but at least it's an income generating asset. but wait till you absorb the cost of repairs on maintaining your apartments. some tenants simply wont share coz it's in the law somewhere that it's the landlord's responsibility.

if you have bought apartments that can be turned into commercial establishments, then you're in luck. commercial tenants take care of their rented space for the same reason that it's not profitable for them not to do so.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, on the other hand, try to get a farm lot... it will take maybe a year or two to develop...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dyan ka na muna. wait a few more years.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    kung saan kayo masaya.
    kung magiging comfortable naman kayo dito kahit medyo lumiit kita mo, pwede na rin.
    opinion ko lang, wag mo maging basis yung income lang. importante yun syempre pero secondary na lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang daming pinoy ngayon naghahanap ng paraan upang makaalis (kasama ako dun hehe)
    tama sila lahat, when you come back home, make sure na set for life ka na.. pa golf-golf ka na lang hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroy
    ganito kasi...

well after few years working abroad parang namimiligro ang work ko ngayon sa isang big US company. malapit ng malaman kung masisibak ako or what.

pero mayroon namang offer sa akin sa San Jose California same job din. 2 months ago pa nga niya ako pinagsisimula maliit na company pero sya ang may ari (black guy).

mayroon na akong konting ipon...say couple of Ms and i have a family na and 2 kids. im early 30s na po.

well minsan naiisip ko rin umuwi ng pinas ewan ko ba....pero tanong ko talaga bang hopeless nang umuwi sa pinas? or mas maganda pang magabroad na lang?

i knoe walang concrete answers...pero i will appreciate any inputs or comments regarding this coz i need to decide soon.

thanks yous!
    I'd say no, huwag muna.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you plan or returning to the Philippines... don't stay in Manila as it is full of BS.

go to the province... buy a few hectares of land / farm / palaisdaan (that was foreclosed by a bank to keep the price low) then manage it yourself.

the ROI is very good if you manage it yourself. of course, you won't have the convenience of malls, gadgets, etc... but who cares when you are out there... resting under a mango tree with a cool breeze blowing in the middle of the afternoon?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I agree with Mazda and the guys: mag-ipon ka muna at kung babalik ka sa 'Pinas, don't live in Manila. Go to the province, buy some land and start your own biz that you should manage yourself. Word of advice: bago ka pumasok sa biz na gusto mo, make sure you know the in's and the out's, the do's and the do not's, as well as the who and who's not.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroy
    mayroon na akong konting ipon...say couple of Ms and i have a family na and 2 kids. im early 30s na po.

a couple of M's wont cut it sir. lalo na that you have a wife,kids and you're adjusted to the American dream life. unless youre very thrifty and you plan to live the life of a simple pinoy without a car, a small, townhouse.The 2M can buy you at least 3-5 years of experimenting with different small-scale businesses/investments here.

The Computer age is dead here. There are so many IT graduates without jobs not knowing the fact that the Fortune 1000 companies had already computerized their operations for the next 5-10 years. Hence, some IT grads just resort to I-cafes which are fast becoming synonimous to BananaQ stands. And again not knowing the fact the WiMax is slowly penetrating the middle income group, with its offer of cheaper monthly bills and of course, no more costly cable installations for the providers. I-cafe is as good as dead when Internet access is the same cost as cable TV. Even computers here are fast becoming cheaper than TV sets.

And you really cant count on those successful franchises anymore. To date there are some Jollibee stores closing shops already, contrary to popular belief that it's the best investment. those RTW franchises, that are normally found in the malls still have good opportunities but only if you will open in the provinces (Only company-owned franchises are allowed in the NCR seems to be the rule of Franchise owners). and also you need to wait for SM or Robinsons to build a mall in the province of your choice. but the good news is RTW franchise can start from 500k to 2M.

sad to say, all options here have been explored, all investment/business have been saturated. Even Boracay, there are now more boats there for rent than the Island can accomodate for boat parking. But you can invest on the emerging beach destinations like Bohol, Romblon, Parts of Palawan.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is it worthwhile bumalik sa Pinas?