New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Every American have the right to bear arms...

A Hero ♥

This is Victoria Soto, and although I didn't know her, she is my hero. I don't know too much about her, but I know a lot of people who do know her and she's ama...zing. Victoria was a Stratford high graduate and only 27. She was killed today after she hid her first graders in closets and cabinets and told the shooter they were in the gym. He killed her and not one of her children were harmed. I have never been more proud to be from Stratford or to be a teacher. God bless Victoria, her family and friends, and all of those who were involved today in anyway. Victoria is a true hero.
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 16th, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003

This Nov. 13, 2012 photo provided by the family via The Washington Post shows Noah Pozner. The six-year-old was one of the victims in the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn. on Dec. 14, 2012. AP/Family Photo

All of the victims died from gunshot wounds and all were struck more than once, according to H. Wayne Carver II, chief medical examiner for the state of Connecticut. Their deaths have been classified as homicides.

"I've been at this for a third of a century. My sensibilities may not be the average man, but this probably is the worst I have seen or the worst that I know of any of my colleagues having seen," Carver told reporters.

Of the children killed, all were either 6 or 7 years old -- 12 girls and eight boys. The adults ranged in ages from 27 to 56, and included the school's principal, psychologist and at least two teachers. State police released the victims' names and ages Saturday afternoon.

Lanza was found dead next to three guns, a semi-automatic .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle and two pistols made by Glock and Sig Sauer, a law enforcement source told CNN. All belonged to his mother.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kala ko only in the Philippines mga ganito mag isip, especially mga anti RH advocates...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

post ko nga ito sa FB. truly a hero.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

The killer and his car...a Honda.

But the unusual cruelty of this mass killing should shake the cold certainty of the most hardened guns rights advocate. Kindergartners are not supposed to be gunned down at school.

In a Connecticut town where only one murder had occurred in the past ten years. Only days before Christmas.

America has the Second Amendment – the right to bear arms – enshrined in our Constitution. We are not Europe and we will not ban gun ownership, ever.

It is true, as the National Rifle Association says, that "guns don't kill people; people kill people". But guns make these mass shootings possible. That's reality.

Another common denominator in these mass shootings is that they are frequently carried out by a mentally ill young man.

But if these sick souls could not so easily get their hands on multiple weapons with high-capacity cartridges or scores of bullets, often purchased in bulk over the internet, it is possible that they might only have harmed themselves.

Instead, they have the tools to kill everyone in a classroom in less than a minute.
    Read more:
    Newtown shooting: now is the time for gun law debate in America - Telegraph
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 16th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I first saw this in the news and being a father of two kids, my eyes welled up. I cannot comprehend the pain the parents of the victims are feeling now.

Rest in peace little angels, and to the families of the victims, may you find comfort in knowing that the whole world is grieving with you.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    sa US kasi basta gusto mo bumili makakabili ka. inoorder lang nga yung iba sa mail. at kahit kalalabas mo lang sa jail makakabili ka, punta ka lang sa isang gun show dami nagbebenta dun ng 2nd hand, no questions asked basta may pambayad ka wala na waiting-waiting period pa yan.
    Not true.
    1. When ordering online or by mail, the weapon will still pass thru a FFL. The gun will never be shipped to a buyers home address.
    2. Ex-cons with felony offenses can never own a gun.
    3. Yes, gun shows sells 2nd hand guns to people but still needs to go to a legal process to register the ownership transfer. Waiting period depends on which state you reside. In most cases, 10 days.

BTT: as a parent, I condemn such unspeakable act of violence. I was heartbroken after learning about the incident. All I hope is that the authorities should provide armed security at all schools to protect the children.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hope di pinoy itong ogag...

Man held for Facebook threat to California schools
    Agence France-Presse
    6:42 am | Tuesday, December 18th, 2012

LOS ANGELES—California police have arrested a man for allegedly making threats on Facebook to “multiple elementary schools,” including by referring to the Connecticut massacre, a spokesman said Monday.
    Kyle Bangayan, 24, was arrested Sunday at his parents’ Los Angeles home, where a cache of nine weapons including rifles and handguns was found, as well as ammunition.
    No arms were found at Bangayan’s own home in Pomona, some 30 miles (50 kilometers) east of Los Angeles, said LA Police Department spokesman Richard French. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) was also probing the case.
    “The threats, which did not target specific schools but did reference the Connecticut school shooting from last Friday, were posted on the social networking site Facebook,” he added.
    “Also found… at the residence where Bangayan was arrested were nine firearms, including rifles, a shotgun, handguns, and ammunition… A search of the suspect’s Pomona residence didn’t yield any weapons or related evidence.”
    Another police spokeswoman, Venus Hall, said the threats were made to “multiple elementary schools,” but gave no further details of location or numbers of targets.
    The alleged threats came as the United States reels from an elementary school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday that left 20 young children and six adults dead.
    The shooter, who is also believed to have killed his mother at the house they shared before embarking on the school massacre, took his own life as police closed in.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011

Mahirap yan boss. Baka may magalit na Honda Fanboy. Remember yung Hyundai Club President Fanboy na na-badtrip dahil Hyundai ang kotse nung killer dati.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    And I thought Volvo was the only psychopath's brand...

BTT: True enough guns don't kill people and to think mabilis na response ng US Police sa crimes... then again it's a psychopath on the loose... wala bang security guards sa schools? walang frisking?

These kids didn't deserved what happened.. one of them could be a teacher one day, or a policeman, a doctor, a lawyer, a President, or a somebody...
    May the gunman's soul burn eternally at hell, and the kids soul roam free in the pastures of heaven.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Worst School shooting in the US!