New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the recent plaque of kidnappings means elections are coming and certain politicians are in need of extra funds for their campaigns.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sumalangit nawa ang kaluluwa ni Ms. Betty.

Sa panahon ngayon napakadali na ang gumawa ng krimen, wala ng takot ang tao, lalo na dyan sa Pinas, sanay, tuwing Linggo merong pinupugutan ng Ulo dyan sa Luneta tulad dito sa SAUDI...tsk...tsk...tsk.. nakakainis na, nakakapikon na... di na safe ang family natin... wala ng security...lalo na dyan sa Manila...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sayang talaga si miss Betty....wala nang pinipili ngayon ang mga walanghiyang demonyo ng lipunan....

Anong passing points po ba ngayon ng immigration Canada? totoo po bang tsismis na ibinaba na ng 65?
    Mag aapply na siguro ako!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama ka dyan PK. If only we can take the law in our hands and kill those bastards ala Mayor Duterte!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Excerpts from today's Phil. Daily Inquirer

http://www.inq7.net/nat/2003/nov/20/text/nat_4-1-p.htm

Sy, 32, commercial finance director of Coca-Cola Export Corp., was abducted Monday on her way to her office by gunmen who opened fire on her car after she apparently refused to open it, hitting her leg and arm, Reyes said.

xxx

Police said that after his surrender, driver Roger led them to the house at No. 4 Molave Avenue in the Merville Park Subdivision in Parañaque, where they recovered at around 6:30 a.m. the Toyota van used in the abduction. They said the suspects had dragged a bleeding Sy into the van right after they blocked her Toyota RAV4 sports utility vehicle in Quezon City.

Apparently, the kidnappers blocked her vehicle while it was in motion, contrary to my earlier understanding that they abducted her while the SUV was parked.

How many of us are ready to use our vehicle as a battering ram in order to escape from such a situation? This may be the only course of action left if its not possible to shift into reverse or otherwise maneuver around the vehicle blocking us.

Incidentally, there's an interesting article about Exo Armoring Inc. in the motoring section of today's PDI. Although the technology to have one's vehicle armored is way beyond our financial means, the article presents a few tips that we can use if we are ever confronted with such a scenario.

IceColdBeer,

If you happen to pin a kidnapper down with your car or (if you have a PTC, lucky you) if you manage to shoot him during the course of your escape and he dies, you will most likely be justified if you enter a plea of self-defense.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    apparently, umiwas sa traffic sa quezon ave., so dumaan sa likod ng sto domingo church, pero maraming dumadaan din dyan kasi ang street na iyan ay diretsong Dapitan, parallel to it is Laon Laan and Ma. Clara..., although QC pa ang lugar na yan kaya ang tawag ay Cuenco and N. Reyes respectively.

May mga pulis checkpoint (randomly) sa area na iyan, kaya lang mostly ay sa hapon ginagawa..

that's why I'm keeping my search light with me, panggulat na rin iyon (see related thread at goon squad)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    langya..dapat ung mga naka-exped, patrol, landcruiser, pajero, suburban, prado ang mga tinitira ng mga yan..

masyadong small-time ang mga naka mini-suv compare sa mga naka biggie-suv..ggrrr..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RedHorse
    that's why I'm keeping my search light with me, panggulat na rin iyon (see related thread at goon squad)
    RedHorse,

anong brand yung search light mo at san mo nabili? super-liwanag ba? naghahanap din kasi ako, pero gusto ko yung kasing-liwanag ng headlight ng kotse. may ganito kayang klase ng search light?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa coleman store, sa megamall, 5th floor yong bldg na walang sinehan. Take the biggest...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mikey177,

Pinning them down is probably what I'm going to do, since I don't have a gun yet or perhaps not until I get one.

I grew up with guns in our house. My dad used to own many of them, but looking further, five of my childhood friends died from gunfights and most of my wife’s relatives died from it too. The latest was just this year. If you happen to know the incident in Cotabato, where there was a gunfight inside a disco club? That was my friend, his father, and his cousin, whom I all knew. They were engaged on a gunfight with the son of a prominent politician in our place. That guy died too, but at the hospital, his bodyguards killed my friend's dad and cousin. One thing sad is that one of the guys who killed his dad and cousin was also our classmate in high school who happens to be the brother and now a politician too. After few days, his elder brother who is a town mayor was blown into pieces. Nobody knows if it was a revenge from my friend's family who happens to have a brother and an officer at the army or was it done by their other enemies? One thing is for sure, that lives are wasted. And for what reason? NOTHING!!!

With all these things happening around, I am really tempted to buy a gun, but on the other side, it makes me think, what if I use it? What’s going to happen? It’s either I killed or be killed? It takes a lot of discipline and responsibility if you’re a gun owner and I am still assessing myself if I can be like that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Worst Abduction Case