New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    kaya minsan hindi ako naniniwala sa "mid-life" crisis na kapag nagkaroon ka daw nito minsan toy car ang gusto. I'm not yet at that age
    I'm a new car (brandnew) owner pero sakto itong thread na ito sa akin. kasi ako din gusto magkaroon ng toy car (mustang, evo, or brz), but I still have many responsibilities to prioritize and no budget for toy car now. Maybe when the time comes I have enough investments and savings for my family, pwede ko na lambingin si misis para payagan ako bumili ng toy car.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    kaya minsan hindi ako naniniwala sa "mid-life" crisis ..... I'm not yet at that age
    You'll get there, eventually. Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    You'll get there, eventually. Hehe.
    hahah... I just don't like the idea kasi na because you bought a toy car, you are in mid-life crisis na.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hahah... I just don't like the idea kasi na because you bought a toy car, you are in mid-life crisis na.
    Depende yan.

Some like:

Guns
    Gambling
    Girls
    Boats
    Planes
    Cars
    Motorcycles
    Etc,.

You'll never know it until it hits you. Trust me, I've been there and back.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    You'll never know it until it hits you. Trust me, I've been there and back.
    in terms of car, does preference changes by age din? kung mas bata-bata ka mostly you're inclined to speed, how about kung medyo nagkaka-edad na?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in terms of car, does preference changes by age din? kung mas bata-bata ka mostly you're inclined to speed, how about kung medyo nagkaka-edad na?
    Depende, I think so. In my case, it was. You know the recipe, small chassis, carby big displacement engine, rear wheel drive, slicks on weekends. That kind of stuff.

Now, its more .... "mellow"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

I bought a toy car a few years ago. But I wasn't going through a midlife crisis,... just getting over my marital annulment. That car was fun until I sold it. I still miss it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Depends. It is more about how you learn more about cars. When you were younger, all that was important would be HP and how fast it would go. But as you get older and learn more about cars, you learn about handling and how it affects performance. So you end up looking at how "balanced" a car would be and base your choice on that.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not yet at my mid life crises (in fact i probably just graduated from childhood recently) but I've always had the wish to have that extra toy car ever since. It depends on the person really since if cars are really one of your hobbies chances are you will always want to have a "toy" or project car. I know of elder gentlemen who thought of buying a Mustang today (these are 55-60 year olds) primarily because it was their dream car back in their youth and it is only now that they can indulge in such purchases (retirement is in place, children have graduated or are near graduation from college, home is fully paid up, etc.).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'm not yet at my mid life crises (in fact i probably just graduated from childhood recently) but I've always had the wish to have that extra toy car ever since. It depends on the person really since if cars are really one of your hobbies chances are you will always want to have a "toy" or project car. I know of elder gentlemen who thought of buying a Mustang today (these are 55-60 year olds) primarily because it was their dream car back in their youth and it is only now that they can indulge in such purchases (retirement is in place, children have graduated or are near graduation from college, home is fully paid up, etc.).

Sounds like my brother (wanting buy either a Camaro or Mustang) but haven't done it yet simply because he couldn't find the right reason to justify the purchase to his wifey. LOL.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
When is the right time to buy a 'toy car' ?