New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yep. I know that.

I will compare the EER of our current a/c to the EER of the condura we will look for tomorrow
    try mo sa ambassador appliances . look it up in the yellow pages...

tpos between condura and carrier, konti lang diference. i would go for carier

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    We have been using Panasonic (used to National) for the past twenty years already. Never gave us any headache. Average lifespan of 12 yrs or more, of almost everyday use of 11 hrs.

We have a Carrier in the office. It needed freon charging after only two years of use. It is noisy and quality-wise, it looks cheap.

If I were you, I'd still get a Panasonic. Save a few bucks and just get the most basic model. No need for any fancy remote control, timers, etc...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me Panasonic is the best right now, Condura? Carrier din uan eh.. ayaw ko lang sa Carrier over price sila..

as for yun meron saksakan for electric fan, condura ang meron niyan..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    We have been using Panasonic (used to National) for the past twenty years already. Never gave us any headache. Average lifespan of 12 yrs or more, of almost everyday use of 11 hrs.

We have a Carrier in the office. It needed freon charging after only two years of use. It is noisy and quality-wise, it looks cheap.

If I were you, I'd still get a Panasonic. Save a few bucks and just get the most basic model. No need for any fancy remote control, timers, etc...
    As for the reliability. Yes, panasonic talaga. Nakaka-3 panasonic/national na kami. As for the remote control thing, I wouldnt want to get that also, hassle pa pag nasira . The only thing that I dont like about our current panasonic is that it releases awful smell considering that it is always scheduled for cleaning every 3-4 months.

It seems that the carrier has negative comments ei? Maybe I should avoid it, for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    for me Panasonic is the best right now, Condura? Carrier din uan eh.. ayaw ko lang sa Carrier over price sila..

as for yun meron saksakan for electric fan, condura ang meron niyan..

Noted. Will check the price difference tomorrow.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    We too have a 10-year old National (1HP). Never needed any major maintenance. We just clean the filter every once in a while.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Mahal lang talaga ang Carrier (branding)... Kaya Condura okay na... Pareho lang sila....

8303:dishwash:

I know my recommedation does not fit your requirements, but it might be worthwhile upgrading to split-type airconditioning. And when doing so, get the newest technology Inverter-type. Pero you'll need to patch up your existing hole-in-the-wall. And di kasya ang 20k budget.

Anyway, sorry for being way off sa parameters. It's just that the new Inverter type technology is really a significant advancement sa cooling technology. Instead of the compressor turning completely on or off (based on thermostat setting), it basically is always on, but on a very low setting -- just enough to maintain the thermostat setting. This results to a more consistent room temperature, and does not cause the compressor to do sudden on -- eto malakas humigop ng kuryente.

Currently only Panasonic, Midea, and Gree has inverter technology (I think). Midea uses the exact same Matsushita compressor, as Panasonic. Midea has a nice mirror finish, cheaper, and has a front-panel display, unlike the Panasonic.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Anywhere but Abenson. They sold me a used fridge and wouldn't give me any assistance in claiming warranty.

Try Western in Megamall. Cheaper than most. Just make sure they give you new stock.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Anywhere but Abenson. They sold me a used fridge and wouldn't give me any assistance in claiming warranty.

Try Western in Megamall. Cheaper than most. Just make sure they give you new stock.
    I am going to megamall later to scout for a/c's. I shall avoid Abenson from now on, thanks for those who warned me

I`ll try and look at Western later. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What should we choose? (Room A/C shopping)