New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    ^^^ don ka bumili sa place na mas mura. canvass ka muna ng prices. may difference ang prices at may promos every establishment.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    ^^^ don ka bumili sa place na mas mura. canvass ka muna ng prices. may difference ang prices at may promos every establishment.
    Yup. Siguro ganun na nga.

Other thoughts would be appreciated

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Watch out, Carriers are rebadged Conduras. So they consume pretty much the same amount of juice. I suggest getting a Samsung or LG since those are the most efficient ACs I've seen.

On choosing a shop, try Anson's. They usually have good deals. We bought our Panny LCD there at a good price, and they included a home theater system and Monster Cables at discounted prices. SM Appliance comes second; they don't usually discount prices, but they're reliable. Abenson is the worst IMO. They sell old items at "sale" prices when you won't actually save a peso.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    base on experience, condura and or carrier

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Watch out, Carriers are rebadged Conduras. So they consume pretty much the same amount of juice. I suggest getting a Samsung or LG since those are the most efficient ACs I've seen.

On choosing a shop, try Anson's. They usually have good deals. We bought our Panny LCD there at a good price, and they included a home theater system and Monster Cables at discounted prices. SM Appliance comes second; they don't usually discount prices, but they're reliable. Abenson is the worst IMO. They sell old items at "sale" prices when you won't actually save a peso.
    Thanks for the warning / precaution about Abenson. I havent tried buying a single thing there :bwahaha: So, I still dont know their kind of service etc. Anyways, thanks again

We bought our Panasonic Aircon ( current a/c ) at ansons and yes they gave us good deals. Then we bought our tv at sm appliance, they do also give freebies. So other than the 2 any other shops that I could/should try?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    why not buy in the store that you already trust e.g. SM or Anson's. that way, panatag ang loob mo na di ka maloloko.

OT: online ako

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    why not buy in the store that you already trust e.g. SM or Anson's. that way, panatag ang loob mo na di ka maloloko.

OT: online ako
    Malay mo, may ibang tsikoteers na may recommendations na merong magagandang reputations/feedbacks.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I dont like Samsung a/c. Used to run several in our office and in my house. Not very cold and noisy.

They have all died and have been replaced. As a comparison, older National and Carriers are still running.

For electrical consumption, choose a unit with high EER ratio.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    For electrical consumption, choose a unit with high EER.
    There you go, it's like the benchmark for ACs.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    There you go, it's like the benchmark for ACs.
    Yep. I know that.

I will compare the EER of our current a/c to the EER of the condura we will look for tomorrow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What should we choose? (Room A/C shopping)