New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Okay first of all, I dont know if this thread is in the right forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong one. Anyways, please help me since we`re buying an air-con tomorrow.

The plan is:

1. REMOVE THE PRESENT AIRCON IN MY ROOM ( which is just a year old, BRAND: PANASONIC )
    2. REMOVE THE GUEST ROOM`S AIRCON ( BRAND: NATIONAL )
    3. PLACE THE AIRCON FROM MY ROOM INTO THE GUEST ROOM
    4. THROW THE OLD AIRCON OUT ( which is in the guest room as of now )
    5. PLACE THE NEWLY BOUGHT AIRCON ( which will be bought tomorrow ) IN MY ROOM ( since my present aircon will be placed in the guest room )

The question is:

What brand should I choose? We dont wanna buy a panasonic air-con again, we want to try a new one. We`re leaning towards the condura ( is it nice? )

Oh btw.

NEEDS:

> WINDOW TYPE
    > IT COULD BE WITH OR WITHOUT TIMER
    > 1 HP -> 1.5HP ( but I prefer 1.5 HP )

Sooo.... what?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about National?

Anyway, I would suggest getting your next A/C with the following features:
    -digital thermostat
    -timer feature
    -A/C to fan (where you can plug in an electric fan to continue circulating the room air after the a/c turns of)
    -remote control

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How about National?

Anyway, I would suggest getting your next A/C with the following features:
    -digital thermostat
    -timer feature
    -A/C to fan (where you can plug in an electric fan to continue circulating the room air after the a/c turns of)
    -remote control
    May I ask, what brand does shoulder that kind of technology? The A/C to Fan thing. I remember seeing it in the commercial.

So SIR GH. What brand could you suggest. Budget is up to 20k

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir ghost, National was a brand by Panasonic. I don't think they use the National name anymore. They've rebadged all their products back to "Panasonic".

renz, Condura is the lower end line of Carrier. I think your main concern should be compressor warranty (how long) and decibel level. I don't know if it's just me but I find Carrier/Conduras a bit more noisy than the Panasonics. But they do have that a/c to fan plug.

We have both brands in our house. Although they don't have the latest in electricity saving technologies in their window type lineup, at least you can be sure they will last you a loooong time. We also have inverter type refrigerators and split type a/c's and as far as I can tell, they really do save you a lot of money.

You might want to consider getting an inverter unit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    May I ask, what brand does shoulder that kind of technology? The A/C to Fan thing. I remember seeing it in the commercial.

So SIR GH. What brand could you suggest. Budget is up to 20k
    I have been using National for my home for the last five years. Only problem I had with it is to remember to clean the air filter.

As for the A/C to Fan feature, I don't remember which brands have that feature. It's been a while since I went A/C shopping.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    LG makes efficient ACs, but the AC-off switch-to-fan is sold by Condura (I think). And Condura doesn't make any efficient ACs since the time of cheap electricity.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    LG makes efficient ACs, but the AC-off switch-to-fan is sold by Condura (I think). And Condura doesn't make any efficient ACs since the time of cheap electricity.
    By buying a condura, our electricity bill could go higher :jawdrop: We`ll still look at the positive side. Maybe canvass for other brands too.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; July 25th, 2009 at 12:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Sir ghost, National was a brand by Panasonic. I don't think they use the National name anymore. They've rebadged all their products back to "Panasonic".

renz, Condura is the lower end line of Carrier. I think your main concern should be compressor warranty (how long) and decibel level. I don't know if it's just me but I find Carrier/Conduras a bit more noisy than the Panasonics. But they do have that a/c to fan plug.

We have both brands in our house. Although they don't have the latest in electricity saving technologies in their window type lineup, at least you can be sure they will last you a loooong time. We also have inverter type refrigerators and split type a/c's and as far as I can tell, they really do save you a lot of money.

You might want to consider getting an inverter unit.
    The Panasonic air-con of mine also makes noises especially at night. ITs more like of the gargling thing......The sound doesnt bother me though. And also a family member of mine was confined in St. Lukes, I also have observed the noises that you were referring too, it`s not too loud and it vanishes after a while. So not much of a problem.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

The question is:

What brand should I choose? We dont wanna buy a panasonic air-con again, we want to try a new one. We`re leaning towards the condura ( is it nice? )
    Sooo.... what?

why not buy a Carrier? we have a few months old Carrier air-con (with timer) and it is an electricity saver. talaga! we also have a Sharp air-con (with timer also although phased out na yata ang brand) in our other house and it is very bad in electricity consumption. mga x2 yata ang bill namin sa other house kesa bill dito.

i would recommend the brand Carrier. wag na yung Condura. but if you're looking for a cheap brand, try Kelvinator (the cheapest among the Conception air-cons) or a Samsung. very cheap talaga ang Samsung. mga 3k cheaper siguro siya sa Carrier based on our canvass last time.
    Last edited by LeOxe; July 25th, 2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: correction :-)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Maybe I`m down to 2 choices:

1. Condura
    2. Carrier

> Saan ba maganda bumili ng aircon? SM APPLIANCE? ABENSON? ANSON`S?

> I`ve searched through the net, same model pero different ang price sa sm appliance at sa abenson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What should we choose? (Room A/C shopping)