New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hi! If you don't mind, guys, I just want to know who's got what and what made you decide to purchase your current vehicle?Looks? Performance? Price? etc. And if you'd be given the cash to buy another brandnew one today, what brand/model will you get?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would 2nd-3rd hand units be allowed to answer? Or are you just pertaining questions to brand new unit owners? :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Anybody may answer, sir! 2nd-3rd hand unit owners as well. thank's. :freedom:
    Last edited by NoyPi; February 12th, 2004 at 07:10 PM.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    When I got my inheritance from my Lolo(+), my wife and I wanted a vehicle that has a highground clearance, matipid at matibay so we settle for an AUV(Highlander XTRM). The Civic Esi is a parent-given car so ok lang. The only problem I have now is where to get the money to maintain and modify these things esp the Honda which is already an 8 year old car. We can't sell because of the number-coding scheme and also my wife uses the car.
    Last edited by FrankDrebin; February 12th, 2004 at 07:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh ok. :D

Ungas drives the BEAST anywhere around town and even out-of-town trips especially during offroad trails.

1997 Nissan Patrol Safari series (GQ)
    - Comes with 4.11 diff gears with standard rear diff lock.
    - Low torque TD42 inline-6 diesel engine.
    - Coil sprung suspension system.
    - Live axles.
    - Front and Rear coolers, great for drinks on the go.

If I would enough dough at hand, I'd import a Dubai spec Nissan Patrol GU or Land Cruiser 105 series.

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Ay! nakalimutan ko yung 2nd Q..

...if ever na magkakapera uli at bibili, I'll get a Toyota Hilux 4x4 Pickup.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mazda 323

>> my parents purchased this because one of our relatives was working then as a sales consultant for Mazda. plus the fact that it is feature laden as compared to the other 500K alternatives back then. actually, this was the first brand new vehicle that we got. been using this since then but was formally given to me as a grad gift around 3 years ago.

Toyota Rav4 J

>> we were actually looking for a 2nd hand SUV at first - as my dad has this "Pajero" Pinoy mentality. but as the budget for this increased, we slowly moved on to the brand new compact SUV selection. was actually looking at the Escape, Forester and the Rav4. I was really pushing for the Escape then - but they didn't like the looks of it (they saw the red unit) plus the fact that the Escape was a hot item then (you need to purchase from the ridiculous Ford Credit program and about P50K worth of accesories). I was just dismayed with GM Shaw as they didn't even entertain me while I was looking at the Forester - what a shame! we didn't even consider the Vitara as it was just too cramped. the Rav4 was just perfect as it has almost everything - nice engine and good looks! actually, this is for my brother but since he still cannot drive am still the one using it. hehehe... sneaky me

for our next purchase (around 1 - 2 years down the road), i'll surely be getting a Mazda. the Mazda6 does look really yummy but am hoping that they release the one with the 2.3L engine. am still impressed with the performance of the Mazda after all these years as it handles nicely and with some mods it can still leave the newer cars eating my dust.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gen 1 strada
    -workhorse vehicle lang talaga, sinuwerte lang at mat differential sa harapan at nahilig sa 4x4

next vehicle
    lc80 or safari

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Me & my wife were eyeing for either a terrano or a vitara. We finally chose the terrano because it is diesel, bigger & roomier inside, & I like the exterior macho look. It also has a smoother ride.

My next vehicle would be a brand new 4x4 pickup, either a frontier or a strada.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Safari = dahil kay ungas
    Samurai = dahil kay wolverine

kung umulan ng pera - starex 9 seater

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
What made you purchase?