New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There is one good thing about piracy.

It's exposed the ridiculous over-pricing in the music industry. I can fathom paying 3000-5000 pesos for a game that cost millions to develop... or 1000 pesos for a DVD (If I really like a movie, I buy an original DVD copy... just as a "tip" for the director and producer... ;) ...but 500 bucks for a record album? Considering about 250 - 300 of that 500 bucks covers the cost difference of the CD to the taped version?

And considering that CDs actually cost much less to produce than tapes?

------

But supporting piracy is wrong. File-sharing for private use, personally, is a gray area. If you want to share a file or movie with your friends, it's just the same as lending them your DVD for a weekend. But for someone to make a profit off of someone else's work?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what i think of pirated stuff? Illegal yan...

palagay ko yung mga recording companies din nagpasimula niyan para makatipid sila sa bayad sa mga singers. O di kaya nag-join na sila as pirates. Bihira na rin kasi bumibili sa mga record bars.

sa mga software companies naman especially MS, gusto din nila ipa-pirate software nila para maraming gumamit. then pag-sanay na saka sila magsasabing i-license niyo niyan para kumita kami....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It gives income to our Muslim Brothers that are victims of religious discrimination

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's illegal but i'm guilty sa pagbili ng mga dibidis minsan kse nalalampasan ko panoorin sa sinehan dahil sa sobrang busy, so antay na lang ako ng malinaw na copy kina suki para mapanood ko sa bahay...dito kse sa pinas, after ipalabas ng movie, mga 5-10months pa bago ilabas ung original DVD copy, kina suki ata mga 3 months or less...well, mali pa din yung ginagawa ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i know it's illegal. but i think original dvds are too expensive.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There is one good thing about piracy.

It's exposed the ridiculous over-pricing in the music industry. I can fathom paying 3000-5000 pesos for a game that cost millions to develop... or 1000 pesos for a DVD (If I really like a movie, I buy an original DVD copy... just as a "tip" for the director and producer... ;) ...but 500 bucks for a record album? Considering about 250 - 300 of that 500 bucks covers the cost difference of the CD to the taped version?

And considering that CDs actually cost much less to produce than tapes?

------

But supporting piracy is wrong. File-sharing for private use, personally, is a gray area. If you want to share a file or movie with your friends, it's just the same as lending them your DVD for a weekend. But for someone to make a profit off of someone else's work?
    i agree. not to mention the fact that many artists would make one or two good songs, fill the rest of the CD with garbage, and sell it for $15. i'm personally thankful that the music industry's business model has changed as a result (especially to the download-and-pay-per-song model - very convenient!)

Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    It gives income to our Muslim Brothers that are victims of religious discrimination
    :rofl01:

Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    O.T. Is sharing one bottomless ice tea considered stealing?
    that's a little much - i think that more restaurants need to think about not nickel-and-diming their customers...but i know it happens

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    It seems that more and more stuff are pirated nowadays. Be it software, video games, fashion items, car parts, etc.

It is hard for anyone to honestly say that they did not in one way or another actually purchase or even make use of pirated stuff.

Well the country is not exactly a rich country. Some would contend that it is okay to buy orig software for example if they actually priced it according to region.

It is a broad subject and we are told it is a crime. Yet it is everywhere. And it continues to thrive due to its many patrons.

Do you think it is bad? Or is it actually good?

Do you think there are quality issues? Are we entitled to these products even if we do not pay the owner of the rights.

What is your position on this problematic issue?
    I'm as guilty as everyone else especially when I was younger. I used to bootleg software for the Commodore Amiga and saw firsthand what happened when developers decided to abandon a platform (because of rampant piracy). I learned a bitter lesson there. So now, I buy all my software and/or stick to open-source, public domain ones.

DVD's...... I generally avoid pirated movies/shows. However when I rent a movie from Blockbuster, I do make an xVid copy before returning the DVD.

Music...... No need for pirating music. Whatever music gets streamed on the internet is good enough for me. I'm no audiophile, not even close. Plus, I record/edit my own mp3 music from the music section of our DirectTV.

Most other stuff..... Nah. I'm not into status symbols. So, little-known brand names are fine for me: $20 sneakers, $5 watches, Walmart shirts/pants, Hyundai car, etc........ I travel a lot too like now (I'm here in Atlanta after visiting Europe). Having less brand-name stuff means less chances of them being stolen----> except laptops. It doesn't matter what brand name a laptop is. People will steal them no matter what brand.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit yung "pirated" na gasolina, ang mahal pa rin?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    huwag natin tangkilikin ito. pumapatay kasi ng mga legal na negosyo. kung kayo ang negosyante gusto nyo ba ito?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guilty here!!!! :hang: pero DVDs lang hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What do you think of pirated stuff?