New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Ang nagpahirap sa situation ng puj is yung 1 kahig 1 tuka lifestyle(owns 1 unit and main source of livelyhood), kung pwede sana ipatigil na ng govt ang manufacturing ng jeepneys and giving new franchise. Then let the existing jeeps reach the regulated eol.

The puv replacements (ejeep/mini bus) should now be run by operators (should own atleast 5 vehicles) with complete compre insurance, parking lot, then employee benefits(sss,phealth,hmo), fixed salary w 13mo pay to drivers.
    But this would mean a very risky/small profit business, so just make a gocc for this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    banning all jeepneys older than 15 years old is easier than having a stricter regulations during yearly registration. Yung sasakyan ko pa lang eh nagbabayad lang ng fee ng smoke emission test but doesn't really undergoes a test. I don't think they can change the culture inside lto in my lifetime.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Let's see: limited transportation options, lots of commuters stuck in the streets, light traffic. This is an Uber driver's wet dream.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    not only jeepneys, let the government includes buses.

the bus that figured in fatal tanay incident, according to ltfrb spokesperson, was more than 15 years old.

these running coffins should be laid now to rest.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    problem with basing the road worthiness of Jeep and busses aa age eh yung iba chop chop lang gagawin, ilalagay ang makina sa bagong kaha, rehistro, then 0 ulit yung year count.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    bakit ba hinde na di i-tokhang mga pasaway ng jeepney operators. i think economic sabotage ang gawa nila

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sarap mag drive ngayon.parang biyernes santo.. he he he

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I also enjoyed driving today. Relatively light traffic with a lot less stop and go because of jeeps. I will make it a point to finish as many errands as possible at every strike in the future.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    just saw what the government was proposing. to replace the jeepneys with electric Jeep. it's like asking a owner of a workhorse pickup truck to replace their vehicle with golf cart. current jeeps runs on deep flood, carries 20 people, some you can fill yo the brim with vegetables yo be carried to the market. and they want to replace that with a flimsy golf cart? isang ondoy lang yan at sira ang mga yan.

yes I believe that the current jeeps need better maintenance, maybe convert it to gasoline for less pollution. have a stricter yearly registration.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Wala nga traffic ngayon but kawawa mga commuters like my secretary, hirap sila sumakay talaga.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast