New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know someone na Team Leader pa lang nasa 6 digits na. swertihan talaga.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    in sum: some of those abroad were driven there because of the necessity to earn more, I hope once they're there they don't all of a sudden act like they're one of the natives/locals and look down on their origin... as far as the native/locals are concerned, you'd still be a stranger in their land. same thing goes to those who are still in the Philippines and all they do is bicker about how the philippines is this and that. if you really find living in the Philippines so apalling, as AlphaOne mentioned, no one's forcing any one to stay.

just a friendly reminder.
    Actually, nobody's obliged to "look back at their origin". People are free to assimilate to whichever culture they prefer. Life is a MMORPG with a random starting point, nobody picked their ethnicity. But once you're in your Land of Milk and Honey, I don't see why you should still be endlessly whining about your previous situation. It's not helping the people back home, and it's not helping you either. Unless whining about something that should no longer matter to you makes you feel better, of course, which makes you an insecure prick.

I have a lot of American citizen relatives, none (except one, who's really pushy about me migrating after graduating, and whom I don't really like) of them complaining about life being terrible back at their homeland. They just send us DVD players, computer peripherals, and more DVD players for good measure. To the point where we've got more DVD players than televisions and two printers per computer. Of course, we don't really need two dozen DVD players (all of which run on 120VAC). But it's the thought that counts.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    Tama kaya ang mga figures for Pinas? Ganoon ba kataas ang sweldo sa IT field?

IT Manager about P75k per month?
    IT programmer about P40 per month?
    average yata yan.. pero mataas nga sa IT. Mababa pa yang 75K for an IT manager, kayang kuhanin yan ng mga Software Engineers (IT Programmers).

edit: puro pinoy yung nag comment sa article.. karamihan pa shallow. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    choosing where to work has alot of factors. standard of living is one. availability of resources is another. wala atang balut sa malaysia hehehe. it depends on the priorities if one should choose to work locally or abroad. there nothing right or wrong about it. It could be monetary or other non-financial benefits. One may choose to work locally to maintain relationships with relative or friends... but overall I think there is no limit on how much you can achieve financially or otherwise, either here or abroad. it depends on how much you would have to work and sacrifice on the office, at the same time work on yourself - upskill! get a degree, job rotation for experience, training, etc. it depends on the opportunity you need to create. Luck favors the Prepared...

Im not sure if the amount of opportunities in the US(for example) is the same for Philippines or china or other countries since there are outsourcing programs already... china is an emerging market for manufacturing. alot of companies are shifting their mfg plants to china. thailand is what detroit is to the US. its an automobile hub for SEA. Philippines is doing great with call centers... India is a great source for technical expertise in IT as well...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Actually, nobody's obliged to "look back at their origin". People are free to assimilate to whichever culture they prefer.
    and I totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    But once you're in your Land of Milk and Honey, I don't see why you should still be endlessly whining about your previous situation. It's not helping the people back home, and it's not helping you either.
    I guess my previous statement was really lacking in the sense that this was what I was really trying to tell. I guess I should've been clearer or polished my choice of words...my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    I have a lot of American citizen relatives, none of them complaining about life being terrible back at their homeland.
    fortunately, my relatives abroad don't as well...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
IT Wage comparison in SEA... Check out some of the comments after the article... hehe