New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was able to read the complete article a few months back...

It also stated there the a satisfaction level per country, and surprisingly the Philippines came out on top.

Sometimes, it just isn't about the money really.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Sometimes, it just isn't about the money really.
    True, true. When I first came on board dito sa current job ko, my salary was really lower than my previous job pero dito nakita yung contentment at sense of accomplishment na hinahanap ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, I'm just amazed with how shallow minded most posters were underneath that article...

I'm sure if they land a job in HK, they'll be the first to complain na mataas cost of living dun at di sapat ang kinikita nila hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suppose the salary rates quoted in the article are applicable for local professionals - not for expats.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Yup, I'm just amazed with how shallow minded most posters were underneath that article...

I'm sure if they land a job in HK, they'll be the first to complain na mataas cost of living dun at di sapat ang kinikita nila hehe
    Yup yup... that's what am also thinking. May mga kilala akong nag attempt mag Singapore but shyed away at the last moment when they realized how expensive it is to live there. Another example is Malaysia, I know a few people who went there and didn't get paid for a few months. They came back to the Philippines just after a few months there.

Though there are some lucky bastards out there who get a really good compensation package (kasama ka na dun theveed :peace in a good company - but that is still all dependent on your skill & tenure.

All in all - it isn't a bed of roses outside (or inside) of the Philippines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas $$$$ ka padin M2 hehehe...

All in all - it isn't a bed of roses outside (or inside) of the Philippines.
    So true, win some, lose some...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree...talaga atang ganyan ang tao, walang contentment it's really not about the money...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    IT rin ako at im happy here, besides andito family ko na mas importante kesa pera. nakakatawa naman ung mga nanlalait at nagbibigay ng negatibong komento sa Pinas...kung wala silang magandang sabihin, tumahimik na lang, tutal mas gusto naman nilang tulungan ang mga taga ibang bansa at di sa atin

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Well, AFAIK, they're (the shallow-minded commenters looking on raw salary) pretty much free in terms on looking for job opportunities somewhere. Unless of course, they aren't really much as prospects, in that case all they can do is complain.

Sabi nga nila, "Kaya di umuunlad ang Pilipinas, lipat na tayo ng HK!". At bakit kaya hindi pa sila lumilipat. Sino o anong pumipigil? Lack of requisite skills and patience, perhaps?
    Last edited by Alpha_One; July 11th, 2007 at 08:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
IT Wage comparison in SEA... Check out some of the comments after the article... hehe