New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good one, Alpha_one...

Hirap kasi most of the time, mga naysayers di nila nakikita na sila ang dahilan kung baket sila naiinis actually hehe.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'm just sick and tired of all these people who go "The Philippines is so poor! According to this (random, totally subjective and totally unscientific) survey, we're poorer than Ethiopia! There's no hope!". Sometimes, I wonder why they don't just move to Ethiopia "where the grass is greener" instead of endlessly whining.

It's a free country, nobody's keeping them from leaving. Globalization is a two way street. They're not obliged to live here. They're not even obliged to be a Filipino (entitled to Filipino privileges paid for by Filipino taxes), so I don't see what's all the fuss about.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; July 11th, 2007 at 08:56 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post
    I suppose the salary rates quoted in the article are applicable for local professionals - not for expats.
    for hk... it seems it's a mixture of expats and locals... locals usually get much lower.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This maybe OT but let me just share this to you;

In the real world money really counts.
    A family man with say 4mouths to feed and just earning a net of 20~30K pesos a month is fair enough.That is, if you will only feed your siblings.The problem arises when these tots go to school or worst when they get sick.That's why there are professionals/skilled workers who opt to leave the country.It' not that because there is no more hope or they are not contented to what they are getting but it's just because they need to live parallel to the current living condition of the country.Being an ofw is the worst thing that could happen in a family.It's an ultimate sacrifice for the sake of their family and their retirement.Some people may opt to stay it's because they dont have yet the responsibility of being a father or they are earning enough to send their children to school and can put savings and dont have to worry of tomorrow.A person needs the money no matter what you are or who you are.But dont adore it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sus, if around Asia lang -- for me it's here na lang ten fold. Why? Mas madami chics here compared there. Usually weird pa ung mga tao sa ibang country unlike here

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    cashflow lang. basta pag kelanganin malaki pera dapat andun whether utang or ready to spend. kasi pag hindi available dyan lalabas dark side ng kahit sinuman sa'tin hehehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    This maybe OT but let me just share this to you;

In the real world money really counts.
    A family man with say 4mouths to feed and just earning a net of 20~30K pesos a month is fair enough.That is, if you will only feed your siblings.The problem arises when these tots go to school or worst when they get sick.That's why there are professionals/skilled workers who opt to leave the country.It' not that because there is no more hope or they are not contented to what they are getting but it's just because they need to live parallel to the current living condition of the country.Being an ofw is the worst thing that could happen in a family.It's an ultimate sacrifice for the sake of their family and their retirement.Some people may opt to stay it's because they dont have yet the responsibility of being a father or they are earning enough to send their children to school and can put savings and dont have to worry of tomorrow.A person needs the money no matter what you are or who you are.But dont adore it.

Good one, Vtec! Pag-tanggol mo ang OFWs.

Maganda na rin ang kita ko noong nasa Pinas pa ako. Pero mas maganda pang di hamak yung offer sa abroad eh (tax free pa!). Di i-take advanatge ko na.Talagang di ko matanggihan. Sa mahal ng bilihin at edukasyon, kukulangin pa rin yung kita ko sa atin.

OT na tayo......back to the topic.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; July 12th, 2007 at 02:24 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    imho: referring to some of the posts I've read from the link, it's the typical "arrogance" of some of those who've gone abroad or those who haven't gone anywhere else but think that everywhere else is better except the Philippines. I'm referring mostly to those who condemn the Philippines based on what they say once they've had a taste of life overseas or those who are contemplating on leaving. these are the type of people who are like IMHO that lady from the "walang ganyan sa states" commercial from way-way back. so you managed to escape from a sinking ship and found yourself washed to some "fertile" shore - be grateful, but don't condemn the ship or the remaining passengers who either by their choice or not are still stucked there. why don't you just go on with your business in that new shore OR try and help the other passengers or the sinking ship by whatever means available to you?

reality check: to some, living in a poorer country may actually be beneficial to some people who are originally from richer countries. take for example some of my colleagues from "down-under" or those who are in "her majesty's service". they earn far more working overseas (yup, OCWs aren't limited to poor countries) than what they'd be earning from their own country BUT they choose to live in a country where the cost of living is much much lower than from their origin. mostly because of tax issues and their money having more buying power in a country with a lower cost-of-living.

in sum: some of those abroad were driven there because of the necessity to earn more, I hope once they're there they don't all of a sudden act like they're one of the natives/locals and look down on their origin... as far as the native/locals are concerned, you'd still be a stranger in their land. same thing goes to those who are still in the Philippines and all they do is bicker about how the philippines is this and that. if you really find living in the Philippines so apalling, as AlphaOne mentioned, no one's forcing any one to stay.

just a friendly reminder.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 12th, 2007 at 06:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Not really an 'IT guy' here,- but for those who chose to struggle it out here in the Philippines, we just have to make the best out of our decision.

It's just our sincere hope that everybody else would feverishly and honestly contribute to our nation-building.

3202:rainbow:

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tama kaya ang mga figures for Pinas? Ganoon ba kataas ang sweldo sa IT field?

IT Manager about P75k per month?
    IT programmer about P40 per month?

Marketing field...ang baba at P30k/month?...wala pa siguro commission ito.
    Last edited by HIFI; July 12th, 2007 at 07:19 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
IT Wage comparison in SEA... Check out some of the comments after the article... hehe