New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorWoody
    (RANT ON)

I agree. US is no longer the same. Dati, mag-job hunting ka, makakakita ng trabaho in one day, ngayon ang taas ng percentage ng mga unemployed due to lay-offs at saka wala na talagang mapasukan. Swerte mo kung makakita ng trabaho right away.

Guess what, in two months, I'll be out of a job. My company, Philips (www,pmsna.com) decided to "outsource" our department offshore...to Singapore.

Bakit kamo, mas mura ang parts & labor. Grabe ang impact sa akin nito, ang tagal ko na sa kompanyang ito, my hourly rate is in the lower $30s. Meron akong mortgage at saka car payment. Now, if I don't find a job within 6 months, kailangan kong mag-downsize like... ibenta ang bahay at kumuha ng mas maliit or rent an apartment, trade in yung kotse sa isang econo-box at baguhin ang lifestyle. Eh di balik na lang ako sa pilipinas, mangutang ako sa lahat ng credit card ko, tapos tumira na sa pilipinas for good ;)

Tapos nagtataka ang US kung bakit down ang economy, madali ang sagot. paubos na ang mga trabaho dahil dinadala na sa china, etc.

Last month lang, tinaasan na naman ang tax ng gasolina sa state namin, dinagdagan ng 9 cents per gallon, Kaya mag fill up lang ako ng gas weekly, natural na ang $50.00 ang full tank.

I could go on and on...but writing this puts me in a bad mood.....

(RANT OFF) thanks for reading

Im sorry to hear this bro. I hope you can find a job within 6 months. Monster it bro.
    Wala talagang stable dito sa US. I have known people from California living high as engineers for Cingular. Their network is sold to T-mobile and all engineers are replaced with subcons. They earn $80,000 a year bro pero ngayon nasaan na kaya mga yon siguro subcon na rin.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    correct me if I'm wrong..pagkakaalam ko Cingular bought AT&T

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    in socal Cingular used Ericsson network while AT&T is using Nokia. So dalawa na nong binili nila. What they did they sold their Ericsson network to T-mobile since naka roaming lang ang T-mobile subs sa socal. Concentrate na sila sa Nokia network ng AT&T ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    baka lumalakas lang ang kain natin tol
    Di naman bro the same weight pa rin ako 190lbs. hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    majorwoody,Seattle has been voted as one of the top 3 most expensive city to live in north america particularly becoz of soaring house prices and this takes place in a city where almost 10% are unemployed (double the national USA unemployement figure).....

DONT despair pare ko, you will find a job soon....

there will be more demographic changes in the US in the next 5 to 10 years as china emerges.....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sorry to hear this bro. 'hope it gets better for you.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    No such thing as job security nowadays. you have to fend for yourself else you become complacent and are suddenly rendered obsolete. Unfortunately, everything that is information technology related can be outsourced unless it is location specific and requires specialized knowledge. Eventually, what jobs might be left are blue collar or service related.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakupo kung sa US pala eh nagkakaproblema na ang ilan tungkol sa trabaho...

lalo na dito sa pinas nakakalungkot

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My condolences to those who are potentially losing their jobs, but there are jobs out there. They may not pay what you were accustomed to but they are out there. It just means that people need to adjust and do whatever it takes to support one's family. $30 per hour is relatively a lot of money but there are millions of people who "live" or far less. The problem's with todays job market are exposing the irreputable problem that people are living "above" their means. According to one of the publications, a large majority of people living in the US save less than 2% of their salaries. Which means that they literally live from paycheck to paycheck. Most economist and business advisors recommend that you save an average of 6 months worth of salaries in the bank and not use it. Put it in CDs and save it as an emergency fund. Housing should cost apprx. 25% of net income every month. Without the savings and over-extending yourself on house and car payments will result in a volatile situation where you are absolutely dependent on your job. With the current economy, blue collar work are no longer the only jobs at risk. There are quite a few management and upper level positions in jeopardy due to high salaries and benefits. Off-shore companies offer more efficient, if not better quality of service, for a fraction of what us workers cost. I can't blame the US companies because they are no longer competing just within the us, but on a global scale. They have to stay competative or risk lossing the whole company. I know it sounds gloomy, but here my two cents; live within your means & make yourself indespensable. (get an education, special training, new profession..) The us is still the land of opportunity, you just have to be willing to work for it. Trust me, there are millions of our fellow pinoys back home that would trade their problem for yours...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    (

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
US is no longer the same