New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I am not familiar with the American policy/procedure here, but this thing can really happen if there is a deadlock or political maneuvering...

Unlike here in the Philippines, which I heard from the news a couple of nights ago, if the budget has not yet been approved, then the departments can use last year's budget number, and so, there will be no immediately shutdown in "non-essential" government services.

21.2K:tomato:
    It's supposed to be a mechanism to prevent the government from being too large in scope.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    is it austerity measure that is masked by the showdown of both senate and congress, democrats and republicans?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Well, the US government was constitutionally conceived to be limited and they thought about preventing the country from irresponsibly putting itself into massive amounts of debt. History tells us that empires eventually collapse because it can't support itself with enough funding. The Fed and other banks have a lot of political power in the country.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -Thomas Jefferson
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dollar in a decline. Nice time to buy in dollar...With Christmas around the corner

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My thought is simply... F*ck democrats.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    My thought is simply... F*ck democrats.
    Don't forget the thugs of the Republican Party. It takes two to dance and this manufactured crisis is plain stupid blackmail of the American electorate.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Republicans are willing to compromise on Obama care. Democrats full implementation. It's a debt disaster waiting to happen.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Republicans are willing to compromise on Obama care. Democrats full implementation. It's a debt disaster waiting to happen.
    What's there to compromise on? Obamacare is the law of the land, validated by the re-election of Obama and upheld by the Supreme Court. It's thuggery and blackmail to defund its implementation even before it's fully implemented.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes it's a law but I'm with the republicans on this. It's not that republicans want a full shut down of the law, they want a test for a year then if it does not strain the economy, then go ahead. Democrats wants to dive in head first which in my opinion is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well that's just my opinion.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast