New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Well ganyan talaga pero eventualy narerealize mo na its more than the money. My dad stayed in UP for more than 50 years and my mom stayed there for about 40 years. They have recieved offers form other universities and from abroad but they decided to stay with UP instead.

I'm currently working in a private company right now and i;m thinking of going back to UP to teach

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang yan, worst kung mga profs and scientists nating magagaling eh magpunta na sa ibang bansa at duon magturo... blessing pa din kahit papano kasi pinoy pa din natuturuan nila kahit papano.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ...as the cliche goes "that's the way it is...."

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ganyan naman lahat ng schools. People leave seeking greener pastures. And you really can't stop them. Just be as nice as possible and remind them that they will always have a place here.

Some of them come back. That's the best you can hope for.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    wawa naman UP... nung nandun ako parang ok lang yung mga prof... or pwede ring bopol lang talaga ako... iskul bukol kc...

******* kasing budjet-cut! kung san-san napupunta. leche. sigaw ulit mga isko't iska!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, if the students had only allowed UP to authorize the BOT operation (build-operate-transfer) of the commercial center on that huge useless space across from UP, UPDiliman would be rolling in money... but nooooo... that's commercialization... that's bad.

Bullsh*t. Stupid activists think UP can ride the Congressional gravy train forever? Now that Congress has cut that down, all the iskos are suffering.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It's a very old issue but with the economic discrepancy between UP and opportunities outside the temptation to move out for the really good ones will be greater. Let's just hope that a little pragmatism and less idealism be embraced by the forces influencing UP destiny.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Well, if the students had only allowed UP to authorize the BOT operation (build-operate-transfer) of the commercial center on that huge useless space across from UP, UPDiliman would be rolling in money... but nooooo... that's commercialization... that's bad.

Bullsh*t. Stupid activists think UP can ride the Congressional gravy train forever? Now that Congress has cut that down, all the iskos are suffering.
    QFT.

Mga gago yang mga yan, living proof that there are a lot of stupid people in UP. Konting P5 na bagong singil "Stop the commercialization! Education is a right, not a privilege, blah blah patalsikin blah blah chuva ever."

"Commercialization of education" here = new fees. Even a P0.05 one.

If UP education is so commercialized, how come it's sooooooooo difficult to get a diploma? Huh? Imbeciles.

Come to think of it, I'm in a net cafe on campus right now... someone could be looking at my shoulder at any moment. Ah, whatever!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    surpised? kung meron ngang brain drain sa congress at malacanang...bakit naman ang UP maging exception to the rule?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag naman natin sisihin ang mga isko at iska

if they allow UP to commercialize some of its area...kikita nga ng malaki ang UP, and that will give more reason for the government to CUT down the education budget...

look... education budget should always be the highest sa lahat ng pinaglalaanan ng gobyerno... pero hindi ito nangyayari... bagkus taon taon nababawasan ang budget para dito... and it will always reflect sa quality ng education na makukuha ng mga students... what more sa mas maliliit na state colleges at universities? di hamak na mas maliit budget para sa kanila compared to UP...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
UP losing best brains