New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bad trip naman yun M2 hehe... Dapat sagot ng company ang relocated apartments...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yon na nga lang mga nagwork ng Makati, i-relocate mo ng Alabang at malamang na magsipag-resign.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe ako anything south of Mandaluyong di ko na inaapplyan hehe.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    number #3

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajano
    Yon na nga lang mga nagwork ng Makati, i-relocate mo ng Alabang at malamang na magsipag-resign.
    ....hehehe, ako naman hiniritan ko yung director namen ng "why don't we open a site in alabang?!?", sabi lang niya, we can't afford it right now. ako naman...uhm, ok.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Nic...

I think that the article is pertaining to companies retaining their top-performing employees.
    You have a point there. The...context of the article can be interpreted both ways: based on the views of management and based on the views of an employee.

But really, management should not be blamed everytime when they loose people. It's like blaming the coach everytime a player wants to leave.

I've worked long enough and have worked with several firms (in different industries) to know that the problem of employee turn-around can be brought about by a number of things - both from the management side and the employee side.

Two examples:

I had an officemate before who left the company because their VP didn't promote him as manager and instead hired a new manager. Now, I've worked with him quite a number of times and I tell you, he doesn't have what it takes to manage a department. That was also the view of his co-department workers and of HR. In short, he isn't qualified to manage. He felt he was insulted because he assumed he was a 100% shoe in for the job. In this situ, I think the problem lies with that ex-coworker of mine and not management.

In the last firm I worked for (before I went into this consultancy thing), there were two people vying for the position of AVP for accounting. One was CPA, who had a proven track record while the other was a pioneer employee of the organization who has intermediate knowledge in accounting but is not an Accounting major. We were all expecting that the CPA person got the promotion but she did not - the other person got the position. Reason: the promotion was a reward for her loyalty. It also helped that one of her relatives sat on the board. In this situ, the problem was with management.

All I'm saying is that it's not management's fault everytime an employee quits his or her job.

Peace.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i once had the privilege to listen to F Jaucian on a similar topic, he said that management needs to prioritize three things to get & retain good people: 1) hire them well; 2) train them well; and 3) pay them well... ako nga, when i was relocated from makati office to batangas, i was given a monthly relocation allowance of X0,000, excluding other allowances for gas, maintenance, the car, etc. i really felt top management's support although i already live down south. that experience made me realize how much better it is to travel south in the morning instead of towards makati
    Last edited by slamtaz; August 2nd, 2006 at 09:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    NapakaSwerte mo naman sir slamatz.... I believe you give your all dahil narealize mo na pinapahalagahan ng kumpanya ung mga tao...

Sana dumami ung ganitong kumpanya

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo
    NapakaSwerte mo naman sir slamatz.... I believe you give your all dahil narealize mo na pinapahalagahan ng kumpanya ung mga tao...

Sana dumami ung ganitong kumpanya
    not really, i'm a self driven, dedicated & hard working person.. modesty aside, i never really thought of it as luck.. i used to work for one of top local banks kaya lang i have to quit for family reasons..

actually, in one of the current threads, i said that i started out at the lowest rank (i.e. glorified messenger) and diligently & patiently worked out a career path..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz
    not really, i'm a self driven, dedicated & hard working person.. modesty aside, i never really thought of it as luck.. i used to work for one of top local banks kaya lang i have to quit for family reasons..

actually, in one of the current threads, i said that i started out at the lowest rank (i.e. glorified messenger) and diligently & patiently worked out a career path..

My hat's off to you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Top Ten Reasons Why People Quit Their Jobs