New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 203 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Okay na ba magpalinis ng bubong or shall we wait it out a few days? We have roof that is transparent (don't know what it's called) and I can clearly see the dust (made the area dark too)

I'm afraid that it will rain and this will NOT be good for the gutters. BTW, bakit ang pinatubo powdery ang ash? Taal is dark and soil like

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Okay na ba magpalinis ng bubong or shall we wait it out a few days? We have roof that is transparent (don't know what it's called) and I can clearly see the dust (made the area dark too)

I'm afraid that it will rain and this will NOT be good for the gutters. BTW, bakit ang pinatubo powdery ang ash? Taal is dark and soil like
    i'd clean it now.
    baka umulan, and the rain water will push the dust into your alulods and clog them.

the pinatubo ash that fell from my sky, i recall, is like very fine, light-colored sand. the type sandpaper is made of. marami sigurong blondie sa subic at clark na malapit sa pinatubo. heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 13th, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pinatubo

bacolor pampanga

walang sinabi ung taal

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the first one, is more world-famous than the other two.
    the folks involved in it, were narrating how they felt during that time.. something like, "pag tumirik ang sasakyan, ay pihadong paktay kaming lahat".
    Last edited by dr. d; January 13th, 2020 at 11:45 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2019
    Logical ba isipin na mas ok yung pumutok ang Mayon last time then ngayon Taal naman.. nakahinga yung lupa sa Pinas.. At sana di na magkaroon ng The Big One na earthquake.

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Logical ba isipin na mas ok yung pumutok ang Mayon last time then ngayon Taal naman.. nakahinga yung lupa sa Pinas.. At sana di na magkaroon ng The Big One na earthquake.

yes and no.
    i think, the magma supply of either volcano may be independent of each other.

the experts would rather have multiple smaller eruptions of a volcano, so's they don't build up too much pressure for the big one.
    the last two "recent" pinatubo eruptions were in 1450 and in 1991 (google, natch!). it had 500 years to build up its magma for the 1991 big one. experts say the 1991 was the second biggest eruption in the planet, in the 20th century.

same logic with earthquakes.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 13th, 2020 at 11:56 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pinatubo spewed out centuries worth of ash compared to just a few decades for Taal.

Last major eruption for Taal was 1911, which lasted 7 months

PHILVOCs analyst were suprised by yesterday's event.

There is still a chance of a major event with earthquakes still being monitored in Batangas.

https://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/ind...e-information3
    Last edited by Monseratto; January 13th, 2020 at 11:59 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd clean it now.
    baka umulan, and the rain water will push the dust into your alulods and clog them.

the pinatubo ash that fell from my sky, i recall, is like very fine, light-colored sand. the type sandpaper is made of. marami sigurong blondie sa subic at clark na malapit sa pinatubo. heh heh.
    It's makulimlim already

Our company declared no work at 7 am. I hope other private companies are doing the same.

9. Join Date
    May 2019
    Wala pa akong muwang nung sa Pinatubo.. Pero slight naaalala ko sya.. Wala pa kami colored tv nun, gamit pa namin yung tv na may cabinet.. Tapos umulan pa nun kaya nagtanggal ng bara sa mga gutter at canal ang mga tao dahil barado..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

Parang naging throwback photo yung kuha nyan ah.

Taal Eruption 2020