New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Para sa akin. Masusukat mo ang success ng isang tao pag nakita mo yung mga anak niya ay successful na.. like mayroong sariling company or matibay na trabaho. Then yung mga apo upgrade na ang lifestyle kaysa sa mga magulang niya dati nung bata pa...

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Character is the real foundation of all worthwhile success - john hammond.
    OR...
    Success has been always easy to measure. It is the between one's origin and final achievement - michael korda

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Success is when after a long drive, you did not hear a word from your wife.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by the lives your life has touched.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    success is variable, depends on the individual.

examples:

a person i know. senior executive vice president of a huge insurance company. no special courses, no MBA.... just a bachelors degree in psychology from ateneo... takes home six figures very payday.

vs.

a person i also know. MBA, certificates in child psychology, certification as a financial consultant, certification as a registered financial planner, UP graduate. but cannot hold on to a job... depends on the husband who is a seaman for sustenance.

who would be more successful here? varies.... some say its the first, some say its the second. i am not to decide or to determine.

second example:

a simple employee, 3 kids... small house, no car. no debt.. the 3 kids are now graduated in college.

vs.

a rich guy, huge house, 3 cars.... around 4M in liabilities. owns his business, but business is not doing good. kids are still in high school.

again, who would be more successful here? varies... some say its the first, some say its the second. i am not to decide or to determine.

third example:

an 82 year old guy, very healthy and mind is very sharp. already retired. just relaxing at home. home is simple. all kids have their own families who visits him every two weeks. has around 5 grand kids who are growing good, disciplined.

vs.

a 45 year old guy, with hypertension, have aching knees and back.... still working.... home is simple.... kids are still small.... with reasonably small sized house, one car.

again, who would be more successful here? varies.... some say its the first, some say its the second. i am not to decide or to determine.

fourth example:

mother teresa or henry sy?
    pinoy or dick gordon?
    binay or duterte?

i am still not to determine, i am not to decide.

fifth example:

myself.... stable job, takes home 5 figures every payday, happy family, loving wife who is also my best friend, good kid, two cars, small house.

a friend.... again, another seaman.... takes home 6 figures every payday, marriage on the rocks, kids ignore him. one kid has some issues psychologically, two cars, bigger house but rented.

i cannot determine, i cannot decide.

get the point?
    Last edited by 1D4LV; April 26th, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    success is variable, depends on the individual.

examples:

a person i know. senior executive vice president of a huge insurance company. no special courses, no MBA.... just a bachelors degree in psychology from ateneo... takes home six figures very payday.

vs.

a person i also know. MBA, certificates in child psychology, certification as a financial consultant, certification as a registered financial planner, UP graduate. but cannot hold on to a job... depends on the husband who is a seaman for sustenance.

who would be more successful here? varies.... some say its the first, some say its the second. i am not to decide or to determine.

second example:

a simple employee, 3 kids... small house, no car. no debt.. the 3 kids are now graduated in college.

vs.

a rich guy, huge house, 3 cars.... around 4M in liabilities. owns his business, but business is not doing good. kids are still in high school.

again, who would be more successful here? varies... some say its the first, some say its the second. i am not to decide or to determine.

third example:

an 82 year old guy, very healthy and mind is very sharp. already retired. just relaxing at home. home is simple. all kids have their own families who visits him every two weeks. has around 5 grand kids who are growing good, disciplined.

vs.

a 45 year old guy, with hypertension, have aching knees and back.... still working.... home is simple.... kids are still small.... with reasonably small sized house, one car.

again, who would be more successful here? varies.... some say its the first, some say its the second. i am not to decide or to determine.

fourth example:

mother teresa or henry sy?
    pinoy or dick gordon?
    binay or duterte?

i am still not to determine, i am not to decide.

fifth example:

myself.... stable job, takes home 5 figures every payday, happy family, loving wife who is also my best friend, good kid, two cars, small house.

a friend.... again, another seaman.... takes home 6 figures every payday, marriage on the rocks, kids ignore him. one kid has some issues psychologically, two cars, bigger house but rented.

i cannot determine, i cannot decide.

get the point?
    Success can not be determined by comparing one from the other that is why we can not tell which is which.

To others I'm not successful but I see it the other way around. I see others that they are successful but they see to them selves otherwise.

So it is how people set standards on how to gauge success.

Ang maganda kanya kanyang standard nalang pero dapat applicable lang sa sarili natin un standards natin at wag apply sa iba kasi di lang magkakaintindihan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    para sa akin success is when you know yourself, you have an identity, set a goal, then reach it.

sample: MJ, played well at basketball, knows he'll be a legend, became one.

Kobe, wanted to be better than MJ, wore jersey 24, broke some of MJ's records, on his way to become a legend.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    you cannot measure success in a person as a whole package, simply because a person has so many undertakings in achieving a goal (i'm only talking about a single goal and we all know that all of us doesn't have only one goal in life, we all have a multitude of goals).

Now back to that single goal i'm talking about, along the way you will encounter struggles and each time you defeat or conquer one struggle, that's one success for you and then you go on to the next obstacle-success cycle until your reach one of the goals you set upon yourself and the cycle goes on and on and on....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    success is if you are happy and satisfied with what you have.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I was living in the PH..... I'd be happy if:

1. I lived in a tiny apartment - management handles all maintenance
    2. I didn't have to work, but have a sufficient paycheck coming in every month
    3. I spent my day exercising, lounging at the beach or poolside, indulging my hobbies, getting laid regularly
    4. No need for a car because of ample air-conditioned public transportation
    5. I'd be in shorts and tank tops all the time without worry or a care in the world.
    6. I can travel or leave the country anytime I want.

I would consider the above my definition of success. I'm not interested in status, power, or reputation. I probably couldn't get myself to employ hired help. I'd feel guilty. One thing I learned in life is it's important to get along with people from all walks of life. Having a master-servant situation just widens the gap.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 26th, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12