New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Diba high in saturated fat ang coconut oil?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Diba high in saturated fat ang coconut oil?

The one of the highest, actually. Our doctor says to avoid it.

"Many health organizations advise against the consumption of high amounts of Coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat, including the United States Food and Drug Administration, World Health Organization, International College of Nutrition, the United States Department of Health and Human Services, American Dietetic Association, and American Heart Association."
    Last edited by andywesteast; August 28th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I think panira lang tong article na ito! Canola Oil is widely used here in Australia! When we drove back to work Canola halos ang tanim na makikita ko!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    GMOs?

Read this book first: "Tomorrow's Table: Organic Farming, Genetics and the Future of Food" by Pamela Ronald and Raoul Adamchak, Oxford University Press, 2008.

Then you will understand GMOs better.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    masama ang canola pag ipinamalit mo sa pang-inom na tubig.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Baguio coconut oil or palm oil gamit namin

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried using Canola Oil before... thinking it was a healthier choice from the usual cooking oils. Unfortunately foods cooked in Canola Oil gave me digestion issues hence I stopped using it. Back to the usual choices.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagiging cooking oil thread na ito ah.

Ako, Minola or Baguio... and another brand i cannot recall... I usually try to buy the ones that are locally manufactured (support our own) and not the imported/distributed ones.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    not true according to snopes.com:

snopes.com: Canola Oil and Rape Seed

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah. The cited article is a whole lot of bull****.

Canola oil is safe. As safe as any other oil... and safer than those with saturated fats.

As for GMOs...

Go ahead... try and buy any rice/corn/wheat that has not been "genetically modified".

It's impossible.

Every single food that has been farmed over the past millenia is genetically modified.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

"GMO" is just a label for plants that have been genetically modified by precise gene-splicing.

Prior to this technique, breeders used radiation to cause mutations, which they then bred with the stock if the mutations proved favorable. They also resorted to heavy in-breeding to preserve these attributes between bouts of cross-breeding.

This means that there are genetic weaknesses in many modern crops and livestock from millenia of "genetic modification".

As opposed to modern "GMOs", which acquire desired traits in a much safer manner.

We use Canola. No problems with it. But as noted in the snopes article, we don't tend to use high cooking temperatures, as the oil burns easily.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast