New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ this is the first time that I heard that na mas mahal ang property kung nasa active faultlines...para sa akin nagkataon lang lahat yun naging mahal doon sa mga areas na yun kahit meron faultlines dahil nadeveloped yun areas, doon nag based and hinde yun dahil active yun lupa...IMO lang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung korean firm naman ang may ari sigurado exclusive para sa kanila lang yun. so hayaan na lang natin na maluto sila...para mabawasan naman ang mga koreans dito sa pilipinas...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kung korean firm naman ang may ari sigurado exclusive para sa kanila lang yun. so hayaan na lang natin na maluto sila...para mabawasan naman ang mga koreans dito sa pilipinas...
    amen

let them experience the call este wrath of mother nature hehehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ^^^ this is the first time that I heard that na mas mahal ang property kung nasa active faultlines...para sa akin nagkataon lang lahat yun naging mahal doon sa mga areas na yun kahit meron faultlines dahil nadeveloped yun areas, doon nag based and hinde yun dahil active yun lupa...IMO lang.
    ganun talaga. try mo research history pati mga sina-una tao mahilig sa paanan ng volcano nag-settle. for what reason, I still dont know.

but come to think of it, parang maswerte sa buhay mga nasa mga endangered zones, financially that is.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ganun talaga. try mo research history pati mga sina-una tao mahilig sa paanan ng volcano nag-settle. for what reason, I still dont know.
    The sides and foothills of volcanoes are usually fertile soils since volcanoes do spew out rich minerals from under the earth when they erupt and sort of...recycle the soil. If I'm not mistaken 2-3 years after the eruption, these "minerals" settle on the "recycled" soil, making it more fertile that before. So over the course of millennial past, man has learned that the soil around the volcano is fertile. This knowledge has been of course passed down from generation to generation until it has become..."instinctive" for remote rural folk who live near or at these lava-spewing wonders of nature to settle down quite near the volcano.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Well said and very informative, too. The soil of Taal volcano can indeed become rich, but it takes time. After an eruption, the first plants that take root on the dark granular surface are hardy grass called talahib. These live and die and create organic material for more complex plants to take root on. Near the crater, I've seen older trees like camachile, and uphill towards the highest part of the island, I have seen a tree with a strange, orange, spiked fruit with blood-red seeds. I've never seen anything like it since. This fruit was eaten by big, black crows. They don't seem to be afraid of people as they rest on the camachile tree near our camp, cawing noisily. At night, lizards called tuko rustle around our tent, also making noise that can keep city folk awake. Read about the spa issue here: http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/469516/Science+and+Technology?c_id=wom-bc-ar

[SIZE=3]-Alvin from The Sci-Tech Desk at [/SIZE][SIZE=3]TheNewsRoom.com[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I find your post racist. It's not spa by Koreans for Koreans. It's a spa by stupid people for stupid people (no matter what race). I agree somehow though... if they insist on building it, why by all means let them. Charles Darwin will be laughing in his grave.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nagiging "restive" ang Taal Volcano...... Philvocls raised its alert level to 2.

Hwag naman sanang lumala pa. Daming maapektuhan nyan sa paligid. Lalo na yung mga high-end real state nearby.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/re...raised-level-2

Taal Volcano alert raised to Level 2

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) raised Tuesday the alert level of Taal Volcano from Level 1 to Level 2.

Allan Loza of the Phivolcs Taal Volcano Observatory said the volcano has exhibited increased seismic activity such as volcanic earthquakes and tremors since the last week of April.

Phivolcs said a total of 32 high frequency volcanic earthquakes was recorded in the past 24 hours and the size of recorded earthquakes has been increasing. A low frequency type volcanic earthquake was also detected last June 2, 2010.

"Initial result of precise leveling survey conducted yesterday at the southeast side of the volcano island showed further inflation by 3.0mm, " it said.

He said steaming activities at the northern and northeast sides of the main crater occasionally intensified, sometimes accompanied by audible hissing sounds.

Phivolcs said the recorded high frequency volcanic earthquakes could be the result of active rock fracturing associated with magma intrusion beneath the volcano.

Considered one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Taal remained at alert level 1 since 2004. Alert Level 2 means that the public is discouraged to to go up the main crater located at Daang Kastila due to hazardous steam-driven-explosions as well as buildup of toxic gases.

Alert Level 2 also means that the volcano is experiencing magmatic intrusion that, according to Phivolcs, may lead to an eruption.

Phivolcs reiterates that the volcano island is a permanent danger zone and permanent settlement within the area is strictly prohibited.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sabi nila di naman taal talaga crater kungdi buong taal lake with paranaque as the foot of the biggest volcano in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
SPA on the Crater of Taal Volcano?