New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Greetings people of Tsikot,

Recently I've noticed a fairly hot thread sa Facebook feed ko. Now the point of this thread is for you to judge who is correct in your opinion and why.

The scenario is this: A & B is fighting with C. This is A's post shared among friend wherein C is an acquaintance of A (alam mo naman, yun mga accept because of many mutual friends). A is working on the project car of B when a cat starts.. well.. destroying his work. We as forumers in an automotive section knows of this feeling and rants about it in his feed. C, being an advocate, notices the disturbing discussion and joins the fray. This then escalates into a heated argument wherein no side is backing down.

Question is: Who is right and who is wrong? Why.

To be more independent, I have accordingly blacked out their names and their genders (although it's pretty easy to see which if you follow usual stereotyping). Actually this actually leans on one side because I'm posting it in an "automotive" section but.. heck.. let's see.

I deem this a social experiment is because I believe I am being biased. Because both parties are within my circle of acquaintances and friends, I will have a tendency to favor one party over the others. And the only time I will know that I am actually biased is when somebody objectively points it out to me outside my circle (you peeps).

P.S. Being bias is bad for me. This means I'm losing my touch as a neutral and objective moderator (in other forums)
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 1st, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I believe that C is right here as A and B made a bad joke. Well, to be frank both parties are wrong. C took the situation too seriously and out of context. A and B, however, lost their temper. The moment B labeled C as a "hypocrite", he lost.

There's also the right of C to comment. Because kahit ano gawin mo, A's privacy settings was set wrongly.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 1st, 2013 at 02:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well, right and wrong in my opinion.

politically correct yung c because it's an outburst. it's also a joke intended for all the car owners victimized by cats. I mean it's a bad joke, yes but taking it to far with a sign of threat that there is paws without actual proof (this aggravated the situation).

Mali is a and b for making a bad joke. Mali is c because he/she is taking it too far.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    The moment that A and B told it was a joke and since its in an open wall then C should just back down

Too onion skinned si C... for A and B kulang pa yung plan nila kung talagang serious kasi you can't catch a cat outright with just your bare hands lalo na kung hindi sa iyo

A and B were just being sarcastic and you can sense it on the first few paragraphs... Baka na lost in translation lang si C

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    In the world of social media, no one is wrong ............ and no one is right either

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Social media is a dangerous medium and we all have to be careful with what we type and allow the world to read and judge us by.

A & B are wrong as they made their private joke public allowing others such as C to criticise them. I am sure we all know that harming an animal is criminal and I believe it carries a jail term between 6 months to 2 years according to RA8485.

C who is trying to prove a point and show everyone following the joke that harming an animal is wrong just took things too seriously and is very aggressive in the way he inserted himself into the private joke. He should have posted in a more diplomatic manner.

At the end of the day, they all made a mistake and all should apologise to each other.
    Last edited by K.I.L.L.; August 1st, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nagoverreact lang IMO yun C. First few posts naman alam mong hinde seryoso yun si A and B eh

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know why but I suddenly have a craving for siopao. Saan ba masarap ang siopao?

It was just a bad joke (in the way it was delivered mostly) so people who don't know the poster, who can't relate, and are whacked out might get it wrong. If C is not really a friend, masyado siyang epal.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    idagdag mo pa sa joke "how to test a siomeow"... magbigay ka ng konti sa pusa ng kinakain mo... kapag kinain ng pusa, legit na siopao yan... kapag inayawan, alam mo na na siomeow yan :grin2:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another manifestation of poor education

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast