New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'm finally planning to retire my dearly beloved and well- worn single pair of Nike Air shoes I've been wearing for 6.5 years.

I would like to replace my Nikes with a pair of Merrell Chameleon II shoes, so I would like to ask Merrell owners here re: their real-world experiences with this particular shoe brand as to durability, comfort and practicality.

Other brand suggestions are also welcome.

I don't want to waste my hard-earned 6K budget on a pair of lemons.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have a pair of original (about P3,800) Merrel shoes (but not he same model as you have mentioned), and I've been using it for more than 3 years now. Matibay siya, at magaang sa paa. Go for it, di ka magsisisi.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    id go for new balance, have some friends who were not satisfied with merrel performance, anyway they're adventure racers and marathoners so baka ok naman

also look into northface shoes

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    nike pa rin for me... kung nag last ng 6.5 years ung nike mo, why buy other brands di ba... atleast subok mo na sya... IMHO...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    ..for a change ADIDAS for me

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    matibay ba yong bunker shoes?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merell is good. very durable. i have one original pair that i got for around 4200 4 years ago. used it for hikes, for casual wear...

hanggang ngayon buhay pa.... konting laba lang, still looks new.

northface is also ok, but kinda expensive than merells. but if you have a relative in vietnam, pabili ka na lang dun. its almost 60-70% cheaper. dun ata ang depot nun eh.

but let me tell you, merells and northface are on the heavy side ha? kung gusto mo comfort, the plain old chuck taylors will do... ;)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljack
    I'm finally planning to retire my dearly beloved and well- worn single pair of Nike Air shoes I've been wearing for 6.5 years.

I would like to replace my Nikes with a pair of Merrell Chameleon II shoes, so I would like to ask Merrell owners here re: their real-world experiences with this particular shoe brand as to durability, comfort and practicality.

Other brand suggestions are also welcome.

I don't want to waste my hard-earned 6K budget on a pair of lemons.
    P6k?? Don't think the Merrells will cost that much.

I've had a pair of Merrell Chameleons for over a year. So far, I am very happy with them. Not only do they look different from other sneakers, they are quite comfortable. As for durability, I haven't worn them more than 1.5 years so hindi ko masabi pero hindi pa naman nasisira so far.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    new balance din ang outdoor shoes ko...
    been to pinatubo countless times at buo pa rin siya, nasira yung aglet (yung end ng shoelace) gusto ko na rin ngang palitan kaso ayaw masira naiinip na ako he..he

for casual walking super comfy ang old school K-Swiss ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a pair of Merrell shoe too... a hiking model. Over three years and a good number of local trips and abroad. Its even been to one of the ice & snow peaks in Switzerland. Comfy to wear all day long. Not that light but I want something with some weight since I do weigh a bit myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Shoes