New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    Relax pre. It's not the end of the world if GMA stays in power.
    yep, it's not the end of the world...ako pa, punong-puno ako ng pag-asa.

kaya lang, ayoko talaga yung ginagago ako eh...

"you can not please everybody"

sabi nga sa kanta ni bitoy. "kung gusto mo ng pangit, wag mo na kaming isabit"

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let's look at it this way sir *mbt. if things are going well with us, gasoline

is still P15 to the liter, or diesel is P12. We can buy a lot in a P100 bill.

The exchange rate is P26 to $1. almost seems that we can watch a

movie or dine out every night of the week. would you pay attention to

this plot?
    sorry but this part of your argument does not hold water.

first, the price of gasoline and diesel is due to world oil prices, not because of gma. the VAT law does not take effect till July, so it has nothing to do with the present price of gasoline and diesel either.

second, the P26/1US$ exchange rate was not yesterday, it was 1997. i think you have forgotten the asian financial crisis. the exchange rate went up to P55/$1 in 1997, not during the last few weeks.

so, we are not angry at gma because our P100 can't buy much anymore.

we are angry at gma because she cheated the elections. i for one don't want a liar for a president, and much much less a thief and a cheat.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Joke time muna... The latest good one: There are reptiles in Malacañang. May aSAWA, may ANAKonda at may BAYAWak pa! Beware!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    sorry but this part of your argument does not hold water.

first, the price of gasoline and diesel is due to world oil prices, not because of gma. the VAT law does not take effect till July, so it has nothing to do with the present price of gasoline and diesel either.

second, the P26/1US$ exchange rate was not yesterday, it was 1997. i think you have forgotten the asian financial crisis. the exchange rate went up to P55/$1 in 1997, not during the last few weeks.

so, we are not angry at gma because our P100 can't buy much anymore.

we are angry at gma because she cheated the elections. i for one don't want a liar for a president, and much much less a thief and a cheat.

I for 1 dont want to comment anymore coz I already gave my word to rest my case. But if you dont mind me askin', what compelled you to believe that GMA is indeed a liar, a thief & a cheat? If you will visit other pinoy forums, or particularly the tech-inclined ones, they still believe that a tape can be fabricated or faked with the kind of technology that we have today.
    for all we know, it's that Gloria mascot's voice (the mainstay in that ABS-CBN sitcom) that was on the tape. or it could be anybody with a ventriloquist skill? The courts, even American courts, dont accept it as evidence due to its tamperable nature. But why are you so sure, so confident that GMA did indeed cheat?

That's why I took into context the above "what if". If there was some other underlying reason for you to believe in the dishonest nature of our President other than the tape revelation.

Me, kase I regret having to judge ERap last 2001. When I was watching the impeachment trial, I got so angry the same way as any of us did. But when the envelope was opened after overthrowing him, it turned out that we were all wrong. And then came the day, when he was presented to Camp Crame (from his house in N. Ghills) and almost treated like a criminal.
    I FELT SO SORRY for him bec. he was once my President. I could feel
    the pain that those people in EDSA3 felt. From a very respectable figure, to a charismatic leader to the poor & neglected, to behind bars. There was a time that I hated the media for even airing that and almost causing civil war.

Erap's charisma is like that of a baby you come home to every night. Your tensions, tiredness, pain, pressure from work all goes away when you see your baby smile or laugh or even become playful. That's why he was so well-loved by the poor. His powerful words was healing enough to relieve them of their poverty-stricken life, at least for the moment. He had the qualities of a very good leader, and he could have well stirred us into the 21st century. Appeasing/pleasing the poor is a very important role in a Filipino President's term.

so again, what if again, we are just overreacting again to this present media-driven circus? what if we are wrong?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Me, kase I regret having to judge ERap last 2001. When I was watching the impeachment trial, I got so angry the same way as any of us did. But when the envelope was opened after overthrowing him, it turned out that we were all wrong. And then came the day, when he was presented to Camp Crame (from his house in N. Ghills) and almost treated like a criminal.
    I FELT SO SORRY for him bec. he was once my President. I could feel
    the pain that those people in EDSA3 felt. From a very respectable figure, to a charismatic leader to the poor & neglected, to behind bars. There was a time that I hated the media for even airing that and almost causing civil war.

so again, what if again, we are just overreacting again to this present media-driven circus? what if we are wrong?
    My exact sentiments... we already should have matured from the past "people powers". I was was one those who went to EDSA II - but reflecting now, I don't think that it was the right thing to do (since we already assumed that he his guilty even though his trial is still on-going).

We are all saying that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover... but isn't that what most are doing right now? Look at the Jacko case... everyone presumed that he was guilty and yet he was acquited.

That's why economists & accountants are always on the sidelines of a successful businesses. Their purpose is to do the math. But leaders are born for a higher purpose. Leaders are miracle workers. A leader can go to another country and get investments, with only wits & words as collateral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    it has adopted a fickle minded policy much to the dismay of investors.. it only has concentrated on face value political theatrics ever since taking over erap now i wonder who is the real actor here..
    OT

Investors you say? That is old school thinking! Please the foreign investors to come in here... exploit our labor market... then bring back their earnings to their home countries once they are done! This looks very tempting & promising (e.g. China's boom growth) but should the bubble burst this is VERY disastrous (remember the Financial crisis of the late 90s?).

If you do research on GMA's initiatives & accomplishments... you'll notice that she if focusing on the development of our undertapped SMEs (which employs 70% of the labor force) & agricultural self-sustenance. Around P25B was allocated for the financing of SMEs for 2004.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    This is the gray matter that am talking about... different shades of gray to be precise.
    15) Control of the Supreme Court and inferior courts.

Quote Originally Posted by IceColdBeer
    As I said hawak ni GMA ang military at ang korte, sa tingin mo ba sino sa kanila magbibigay ng subpoena? They can do anything... Kuha mo?
    But she does not control Congress which is the only body that can remove her from office.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    As Paragraph 2 of Section 3 clearly says, the complaint must be verified i.e. deemed sufficient in form and substance, in order for the House to accept it as basis to initiate legal proceedings against the errant official.

In plain terms, the opposition is too chicken to validate their own accusations of wrongdoing. They are all too ready to sling mud under the safety of the media spotlight, but refuse to take advantage of the legal means available to them. Sammy Ong once said he was ready to die for his revelations, but instead scooted off and hid in the San Carlos seminary amidst much media frenzy (and much traffic along EDSA). Now, I know that we could all use a better administration than the current one, but is this the kind of opposition that you would want to take seriously?
    Seems that no one in the "opposition" is listening to this. They've pulled all the strings except the LEGAL one which is to file a complaint against GMA.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kanya kanyang strategy na lang yan. Sa Congress naman kasi majority pa din ang administration.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Scandals in the First Family