New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    You are correct in your observation that labanderas are very demanding that is why most would rather buy their own washing machines to do their own laundry or go to laundromats. A friend who has a family of four said his labandera who does all their laundry and iron them charges them php 400/day with free lunch
    For a day's worth of work one should get a day's worth of wages.

If your labandera comes over once a week, that's a pretty fair exchange.

It isn't that people are becoming more demanding, it is simply that they are more aware of their rights and that there really are economic realities that drive up the price of labor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    For a day's worth of work one should get a day's worth of wages.

If your labandera comes over once a week, that's a pretty fair exchange.

It isn't that people are becoming more demanding, it is simply that they are more aware of their rights and that there really are economic realities that drive up the price of labor.
    In other words pay them the wage that you would expect yourself to get paid doing the same thing. What is fair to you is fair to them.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We availed of laundry sevices since we do not have a help around the house/condo. The washing machine is for undies and overnight washes since the laundry services need a week turn around time, unless you pay premium. The average cost is 700/week (mix of handwash, fold and iron).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    We availed of laundry sevices since we do not have a help around the house/condo. The washing machine is for undies and overnight washes since the laundry services need a week turn around time, unless you pay premium. The average cost is 700/week (mix of handwash, fold and iron).
    Underwear in washing machine? Masira kaagad yan. That needs to be handwashed

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    put it inside a wash net. problem solve.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Hirap na din maghanap ng stay in. Most prefer stay out whether helper, driver or boy.
    At mahal ang stay in because of the food they will consume...

I was buying a sack of rice earlier and it took me awhile to decide what to buy as I was thinking if I would still get the premium variant as wifey and I seldom eat rice since a year ago. The same is true for our eldest kid.... Only our other kids and our house helps eat rice. So, who benefits more from the more delicious (and more expensive) rice variant?

Some habits never fade away...

Of course, Mas mahal din ang ulam... Oh well....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Masakit may stay in lalo na ung mahilig mang raid ng ref. Nawawala un mga binili kong pagkaen. Ok lang sana bawasan, kaso inuubos eh x_X

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    depende sa dami ng palalabhan.250 per laba ,or per week kasi kadalasan kung magpalaba.

gumagamit siya ng washing ,pero after sa machine kinukuskos din niya ng kamay at hindi puro washing machine lang ginagamit para siguradong malinis ang laba,,kaya maganda rin ang may washing machine ka,

sa 250 neto na niya un libre pag kain at meryenda..pero minsan ginagawa kong 500 pag katapos ni janice sa labada minamasahe niya ako sa aking kwarto hanggang sa makatulog ako..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    ok ba yan si janice? hehe..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Washing machine for undergarments, jeans/pants, and pambahay. Handwash for most tops. We have a labandera in the province whom we pay 400-600 per wash (depending on amount of stuff to be washed); this includes ironing.

I agree with Yebo: Leche talaga yang mga cellphone na yan at yung ibang kasambahay walang ginawa kundi magbabad magdamag.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast