New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    OK lest listen to what the other side says. I mean, they are "western experts" so it should be free from the propaganda of CNN and BBC right?

https://www.youtube.com/live/FYRaNFY2zPw?feature=share

To be fair, yes its pretty silly to rely on wunderwaffen, but... "fall prey to superior Russian hand held anti-tank systems?" And "Russian tank factories are producing in the thousands"?!!!!! mass anti-war protests in Ukraine. Saan? conquest of Ukraine "in 3 days"- probably the same claim as 5 minutes from Cubao to Makati and 3-6months.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Zelensky adviser mocked Iran after the drone strike

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I were someone who can decide on strategic decisions for NATO, I’d find a way to get rid of Zelensky and make it look like the Russians did it. Hehehe

Heck, when hostilities do end, Zelensky is just a pawn in the global scheme of things for NATO. They will still get rid of him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If I were someone who can decide on strategic decisions for NATO, I’d find a way to get rid of Zelensky and make it look like the Russians did it. Hehehe

Heck, when hostilities do end, Zelensky is just a pawn in the global scheme of things for NATO. They will still get rid of him anyway.

Calling Jack Ryan!

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

i don't think EQ will agree that Zelensky is a pawn

he's a hero president fighting invaders

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With all the weapons he was given, he will surely become a problem later on. You might as well get rid of him once you have a clear indication that hostilities will slow down.

The US-UK-France sold Saddam the weapons he needed during the long Iran-Iraq War but became a big problem later. The US lost face when extremism took over Iran in the late 70s.

The US gave weapons to rich Arabs who thought it was their holy duty to help the Afghans fight the Russians. Osama bin Laden was one of those. Look at all the trouble he brought.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If only Putin had a little more patience then maybe he would've been able to hasten the end of the rule of zelensky even though he was elected only a year before the invasion.

Prior to the Russian military incision last year, zelensky's shaky administration was plagued w/ accusations of wholesale corruption. In fact, Ukraine was seen to be as the 2nd most corrupt country in Europe. The Ukrainian president's approval rating even hit less than 30% before 2020.

Kremlin should've just Inserted some destabilizers in kyiv and do some intensive black propaganda and then install a president covertly friendly to him. After all, creating internal strife is where the fsb excels at.

Nowadays, Volodomyr's approval rating is at a soaring 91%. I guess one could morbidly say the russo-ukrainian war was the best thing that happened to his flailing political career.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by baludoy; January 31st, 2023 at 08:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    If only Putin had a little more patience then maybe he would've been able to hasten the end of the rule of zelensky even though he was elected only a year before the invasion.

Prior to the Russian military incision last year, zelensky's shaky administration was plagued w/ accusations of wholesale corruption. In fact, Ukraine was seen to be as the 2nd most corrupt country in Europe. The Ukrainian president's approval rating even hit less than 30% before 2020.

Kremlin should've just Inserted some destabilizers in kyiv and do some intensive black propaganda and then install a president covertly friendly to him. After all, creating internal strife is where the fsb excels at.

Nowadays, Volodomyr's approval rating is at a soaring 91%. I guess one could morbidly say the russo-ukrainian war was the best thing that happened to his flailing political career.

Indeed the jokester got the last laugh it seems.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

putin was fooled by the FSB. blamed FSB agents for army’s failure in ukraine

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    An agency whose domain includes internal security in Russia as well as espionage in the former Soviet states, the FSB has spent decades spying on Ukraine, attempting to co-opt its institutions, paying off officials and working to impede any perceived drift toward the West. No aspect of the FSB’s intelligence mission outside Russia was more important than burrowing into all levels of Ukrainian society.

And yet, the agency failed to incapacitate Ukraine’s government, foment any semblance of a pro-Russian groundswell or interrupt President Volodymyr Zelensky’s hold on power. Its analysts either did not fathom how forcefully Ukraine would respond, Ukrainian and Western officials said, or did understand but couldn’t or wouldn’t convey such sober assessments to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Extensive polls conducted for the FSB show that large segments of Ukraine’s population were prepared to resist Russian encroachment, and that any expectation that Russian forces would be greeted as liberators was unfounded. Even so, officials said, the FSB continued to feed the Kremlin rosy assessments that Ukraine’s masses would welcome the arrival of Russia’s military and the restoration of Moscow-friendly rule.

… the FSB championed a war plan premised on the idea that a lightning assault on Kyiv would topple the government in a matter of days. Zelensky would be dead, captured or in exile, creating a political vacuum for FSB agents to fill.

Instead, FSB operatives who at one point had reached the outskirts of Kyiv had to retreat alongside Russian forces, Ukrainian security officials said. Rather than presiding over the formation of a new government in Kyiv, officials said, the FSB now faces difficult questions in Moscow about what its long history of operations against Ukraine — and the large sums that financed them — accomplished.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e-ukraine-war/

Russia's 'invasion and occupation' of Ukrainian territory.