New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Im 20/20 for distance but +150 for reading. Been using an oakley frame for 3 years and have replaced the lense once due to scratches. Using the progressive+transition which is very practical for both work and home. The only problem is the extra monitor which requires me to tilt my head to get the right angle for reading. I got a stiffed neck once until I replaced the 2nd monitor with a bigger screen.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; June 17th, 2016 at 02:19 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    one question though on the progressive. while you are getting used to it, did it gave you headaches?
    Not really, no. It felt weird at first because you have to make a conscious effort to move your head. But again, if you wear your glasses even if they're seemingly uncomfortable, you'll adjust to it faster.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    one question though on the progressive. while you are getting used to it, did it gave you headaches?
    in my case, i hated it. i couldn't "adjust".
    finally, i asked the optician to make me one with half moon design, and one classic businessman's (yung hati ng lens ay horizontal).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Practice makes perfect. Just give your eyes a rest once it feels uncomfortable. Once situation you should be careful of is going down a flight of stairs.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    medyo OT, but can anyone recommend a lens type/brand that is scratch-proof? Less than a week of use, i already have a scratch :p

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    medyo OT, but can anyone recommend a lens type/brand that is scratch-proof? Less than a week of use, i already have a scratch :p
    glass lenses are actually more scratch-resistant then the current plastic lenses.
    but for issues of safety, i'd veer away from glass lenses because... they're glass. in the event of an "accident", lenses are cheap. eyes are not.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    glass lenses are actually more scratch-resistant then the current plastic lenses.
    but for issues of safety, i'd veer away from glass lenses because... they're glass. in the event of an "accident", lenses are cheap. eyes are not.

Yeah, with plastic most likely the whole lens just pops out when hit...you can still pop it back in, scratches and all.
    With glass, game over na

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I change my glasses every 5 years or so. It's a good thing my grade doesn't go up because lenses are expensive. It stuck at 120 100 ata. I would die if I lost my glasses since I absolutely cannot drive without it. I buy from Almeda. They have good deals on frames.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I change my glasses every 5 years or so. It's a good thing my grade doesn't go up because lenses are expensive. It stuck at 120 100 ata. I would die if I lost my glasses since I absolutely cannot drive without it. I buy from Almeda. They have good deals on frames.

Nice to hear from you again mam Cathy ^_^

Ako usually every 2 years, mainly because the lenses get scratched up, or nagpi peel yung coating. Baka japeks yung lens na binibigay sa akin

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Nice to hear from you again mam Cathy ^_^

Ako usually every 2 years, mainly because the lenses get scratched up, or nagpi peel yung coating. Baka japeks yung lens na binibigay sa akin
    Thanks. That's weird. Mine never get scratched or peeled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast