New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    In favor ako sa ROTC kasi this is a basic requirements of all male college students. Malaki ang naitulong nito sa amin although madami din ang napipilitan lang. Well for me dapat ibalik pero optional lang ito especially kung ano ang course na kinukuha mo. If you are a criminology student i think this is a must and also for those planning to be in the service later. Kung ako lang mas gusto ko na yung nagrarapeling, firing, dismatling of M16 and 45 cal, map reading and war games rather than sweeping the street and cleaning esteros. Its just me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ok lang na i-require pero sana naman baguhin nila yun training nila at hindi lang limited sa formation at pagparada. sana isama nila guerilla warfare saka totoong tactical training. parang ang lumalabas kasi eh kung sakaling magkagiyera panapon na lahat ng mga yon since wala talagang natututunan kahit ano sa ROTC

Sa UPLB at least real guns ang pinapahawak. (wala lang firing pin yata) at least lahat ng kadete dun eh alam kung pano talaga humawak ng rifles.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    optional na lang sana. buti na lang nung time namin mag aattendance lang ng 15 - 20 mins tapos direcho na sa classroom hehe. medyo maluwag kasi the year before may napatay na student dahil sa ROTC related hazing...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Waste of time and money for me.

I took it up when it was still a mandatory. I never learned anything. I have to "pay" for my attendance even if I'm physically present or else they'll mark me absent. I'm forced to buy a sandwich which you can barely see the content. Same thing with "unknown" juice drinks.

Corruption at its finest.

And what will I learn standing for 3 hours in the heat of the sun, shouting "sir, yes sir!!!" to whatever stupid guy talking in front of me?

95% of the time, we're doing nothing. Waiting for the time to finish.

Unless they come up with a good plan, it should be abolished for good.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    in other countries, like korea, taiwan, they impose a military training prior to college degree, in preparation for any attack, so most men are part of the reserved team.

here in the phil, hmmm i doubt if students would agree to undergo ROTC training, somehow based on experience, the objective of rotc is good which is suppose to be imposing discipline however, inappropriate acts are made by the officers, and in turn it will be just a waste of time.

and payment for rotc will again be rampant...

i did pay for mine though i attended 1 seminar, and it was gruelling experience...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang kwenta yan, kung talagang meron mag invade sa atin, a few hrs of practice pwede na....no need to undergo 2 yrs of ROTC training

only two things need to be thought...

1. how to shoot a rifle/gun
    2. after shooting how to run for your life...

ito lang ang 2 things na pwede ituro...hehhehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kaya mandatory ang military training sa ibang bansa, even conscription, kasi they're in imminent danger of attack (e.g. Israel, South Korea and Taiwan). Even in the US naman noon, mandatory ang draft, especially during the Korean War and the early part of the Vietnam War.

Marami ng graduates ng ROTC, pero I doubt kung pagdating ng gyera eh maalala nila lahat ng natutunan nila. Sa Fort Bonifacio nga, puro pagtinda ng hopia at softdrinks ang inaatupag ng ibang kadete.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    let's be realistic: when the country is attacked, do you really expect anyone to show up?
    I would.

I'd gladly fight and die so that my family can live in freedom.

It goes without saying that I wouldn't mind a return of mandatory ROTC, but it has to be a no-nonsense program that will really enable our youth to gain the minimum level of skills and discipline that they would need in the event of a draft or call to active duty. Moreover, it should include components that foster greater patriotism and civic involvement.

For example, a friend of mine, who graduated from college a long time ago, is now an active member of the naval reserve. He undergoes continuous training, and participates in rescue and relief operations during times of calamities as a member of his reserve group.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sad.

With the general consensus here, for sure, Philippines will be on its knees in less than an hour when war comes.

This also goes to show that ROTC really depends on the school.

I think, there should be a standard procedure for this. Much better if training is not in schools but rather in Army camps.

The problem with school enforced ROTC is, some ROTC commanders are not really from the Army, some are just gay pencil pushers who doesn't know anything.

NSTP is not in anyway close to ROTC, back then being in CWS, community service, is really degrading because it's where gays and weaklings are assigned. I reckon NSTP must be close to it.

It's sad that people discard what our forefathers died for in the past. It seems, almost everyone just doesn't care about the country anymore and yet keeps on complaining how the government is run when they themselves have nothing to offer.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nung high school pa ako,well disciplined at strict ang CAT course namin, halos kalbo na ang gupit namin, walang exception pati na school basketball team players Di ko malimutan tinalo namin ang ilan schools kasama na ang Phil College of Criminology sa competition Pero pag dating sa college, bulok ang systema ng CMT, papabili sayo soft drinks, benta ng tickets, kwentuhan etc. kaya nawalan ako ng gana.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
ROTC balak i-require ulit