New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon22701
    LAST Christmas Day, Philippine Basketball League (PBL) referee Froilan Jimeno and his younger brother Arnold Jimeno were gunned down by Police Inspector Michael Sanchez of the Quezon City Police Mobile Patrol Unit.

At 10:55AM at the corner of General Luis and Damong Maliit in Novaliches, the Jimeno brothers were riding their scooters when they got into a traffic accident with a Toyota Revo containing Sanchez. An argument between the parties ensued leading to Sanchez firing at the brothers. The Jimenos were rushed to the Quezon City General Hospital but they expired along the way. Sanchez has since turned himself in for investigation.

To compound the Jimeno family's woes, another brother Ferdinand Jimeno suffered a heart attack and died at the same hospital upon learning of his two brothers' fate.

[SIZE=4]JUSTICE FOR THE JIMENO BROTHERS!!![/SIZE] :fire:
    Pinsan sila ng friend ko, may isa pa silang problema, mayroon pang isang Jimeno brother sa La Union na may heart problem din, hindi alam ng pamilya nila paanong sasabihin sa kanya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i know its hard & it shouldn't come from me coz i struggle w/ controlling my road rage all the time but maybe it'll help 2 assume that the offending party has a good reason. maybe they have an emergency or the PUJ driver has 2 work extra hard coz his family has no food to eat,etc.it doesn't justify being an a-hole on the road but it helps diffuse our anger if we try putting ourselves in their shoes & assume that they had "compelling reasons" (strategy ng wife ko sa kin to e, coz she's noticed that "it's not worth it" doesn't work). napansin ko kasi u can't go through the day w/out encountering * least one rude driver. let's count our blessings na lang

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i always have meditation CDs, smooth jazz crossover CDs, and the like. nakaka relax.

But I still have tear gas and a baseball bat in my car for emergencies. which i have never used, thank God.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    what im doing to avoid confrontation is to let them see my 1911 compact 45 that is on top of my dashboard. i think it works all of the time becoz they have this tendency to slow down. yung iba nga sumasaludo pa. better to have a piece and fight it out rather than be dead without a chance to get even.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ingat lang mga peepz Marami talagang mga ogags sa daan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    remember tayo ang edukado!
    tama tama Ako dinadaan ko na lang sa sounds o kaya kumakanta sa loob ng tsikot...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisfronda
    what im doing to avoid confrontation is to let them see my 1911 compact 45 that is on top of my dashboard. i think it works all of the time becoz they have this tendency to slow down. yung iba nga sumasaludo pa. better to have a piece and fight it out rather than be dead without a chance to get even.
    Ok ka lang bro. Bok or batch ka ba?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    That was an unfortunate fate for the Jimeno brothers. And, to think that they were gunned down by someone who is supposed to protect us? What is happening to our country? This is a sad state for us who chose to remain here...

Let's keep our cool and do not argue like hell. Shy away from confrontations as much as possible, as it is not healthy. Besides, it does not make you a lesser being.

Remember, in our country, nobody loses a community basketball game, because the losing team's perpetual perspective was that they were cheated. In the same token, in a traffic altercation, both parties, no matter how obvious who was wrong, will insist that they were right. I guess we have to live with this, unless we realize a fair and swift justice system.... This, sadly is still a dream...

In the meantime, everything should be viewed as 'negotiable'...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    maraming bobo sa daan kasi wala man lang seminar prior to getting a drivers license....kasalanan ng gobyerno ito

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    whenever behind the wheel, cool lang kasi. me i don't believe in bringing a 'friend" with me. though i wished i could. but then it's too risky. i tend to be trigger-happy. ako ginagawa ko, tinatawanan ko na lang ang mga tatanga-tanga sa daan. it's their fault naman not mine. basta walang banggaan, ok na...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
ROAD RAGE!!!!