New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by addison06 View Post
    space invader: what kind of car are you driving? what do you think on SUV it's okay to pass quirino hwy?
    addison....first time i drove my tribute passing the quirino route...kayang kaya..basta careful and safety driving lang....i decided to take the Labo route since im not in a rush and besides...traversing quirino roads are quite stressfull since of the humps and bumps....just my two cents....what are you gonna drive by the way?,,,be safe.....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    space invader: Thanks again sa mga advised mo it help a lot to prepare myself sa trip.

Sherwintommy: I'm driving nissan terrano, sa mga nasabi invader I think I'll take the long route (Labo) di naman ako nagmamadali.

This is my trip schedule, Friday drive ako from Cebu to Danao, ride for 5 hrs ferry going to Isabel Leyte ETA 1230pm, then drive passing Tacloban, San Juanico Brigde, I'll try to drive Samar during day time because like quirino pangit din ang daan doon. then early evening Allen, Samar ferry to Matnog 1hr trip. then from Matnog try to reach Legaspi para hanap na ako hotel pahinga muna. then kinabukasan deretso na ako sa Manila.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    This is my trip schedule, Friday drive ako from Cebu to Danao, ride for 5 hrs ferry going to Isabel Leyte ETA 1230pm, then drive passing Tacloban, San Juanico Brigde, I'll try to drive Samar during day time because like quirino pangit din ang daan doon. then early evening Allen, Samar ferry to Matnog 1hr trip. then from Matnog try to reach Legaspi para hanap na ako hotel pahinga muna. then kinabukasan deretso na ako sa Manila.[/QUOTE]

addison...what is your estimated time of arrival in legaspi?..as of now electicity is not that fully installed yet, even though there are some hotels and inns with generators there,,,if you could stretch your drive from Matnog to Naga and just stay ther for the night...at least electicity in Naga are fully restored.....far as I know...and it woud only take at least 1 hr 30 mins from Legaspi to Naga....just assess the situation...kasi i was in legaspi 2 wks ago...ghost town ang dating during night time....but i was told that some parts in town already have electricity....just check it out okay....have a safe trip...okay ang Labo route....not stressfull when you drive....merry christmas...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sherwin: first time ko lang dumaan sa Bicol, from Matnog to Legaspi mga ilang oras then Legaspi to Naga? Kasi bago ako makarating sa matnog ay night time, baka after matnog hanap na ako matutulugan kasi may 14 months baby akong kasama sa trip ko. kaya take time lang itong travel ko. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by addison06 View Post
    sherwin: first time ko lang dumaan sa Bicol, from Matnog to Legaspi mga ilang oras then Legaspi to Naga? Kasi bago ako makarating sa matnog ay night time, baka after matnog hanap na ako matutulugan kasi may 14 months baby akong kasama sa trip ko. kaya take time lang itong travel ko. Thanks
    give a leeway of about 1hr30 mins to 2hrs from matnog to legaspi.....then private vechicles can drive through legaspi - naga 1hr 30min....okay naman ang route matnog-legaspi....pero yun legaspi-naga....there are some parts in towns wherein there are single roads...kaya vehicles take turns..,,if you will arrive late time in legaspi...you can find a hotel or any lodge there with generator so as to rest yourself and your baby as well....once you reach the junction road going to daraga from sorsogon...you will see a shell station towards your left...you can ask any of the gasoline boys or the cashier of any available hotels or lodge that have generator...i saw some of them operating along near Albay church...and towards legaspi....hope this info will be of help...when in doubt...just ask the towns people as they are very accommodating naman...happy trip and be safe....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Road condition in Samar & Bicol area?