New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i would agree with some of you about the homilies someone should try to inject some fresh ideas to them..

so mazdamazda hindi lang sa catholic churches nangyagayri ito? pati pala sa ibang sekta...sa christian din pala?..sa iglesia kaya?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My mother-in-law's the old-fashioned kind of Pinay who believes we're not really attending Mass if we're not sitting down inside the church. I do recall long ago (when I visited my wife in Leyte) when we attended Sunday Mass there was no more room inside the church. Instead of attending the current Mass, she was insistent that we wait until the current Mass was done and attended the next one instead. I wasn't too happy with that one since it was already too hot and humid for me. Even then, there were people outside supposedly attending Mass who were doing other things.

Add: I could've sworn one was eating a fried banana on a stick (banana-cue?) as he "attended Mass". At the time, it didn't occur to me that it was disrespectful because I was hankering for some "pisbol" in mild sauce myself and I was sulking because of the heat and humidity.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 19th, 2007 at 06:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have the same observations.

My Mom is really strict when it comes to Church which is why when we were kids, we were not allowed to run around and eat while in Mass. Nasa parents naman yun kung paano dalhin ang anak sa Mass. Siguro make sure na well fed ang toddler at sawayin kung makulit. Make them understand that while in church hindi ito playtime. But seeing kids and babies in Church makes me smile. Cute kase nila. hee hee

What irks me the most are the Church goers na pang disco ang damit!! I mean, there are those whom you could tell na napadaan sa Mass at they can't help if they wear sleeveless or tank tops kung ano man, pero a lot (and i mean a lot) really wear gimik clothes at Mass on a Sunday! Minsan, na late kme ng sister ko sa Mass, so we had no choice but to stay at the back at tumayo. May pumasok ba namang 2 babae naka super tight at super low cut na blouse. And they were wearing really short skirts or skorts (whatever you call them) na bakat na ata ang kaluluwa. They even had the decency to walk inside to look for a vacant pew so naturally all eyes were on them. Maraming nagkasala nung araw na yun i'm sure. hahaha.

Regarding eating: Catholics should not eat at least an hour before receiving communion. Kaya nagtataka den ako dun sa mga tao sa labas na kain ng kain ng mani, cotton candy, pandesal habang nag mimisa. Siguro yung iba nde naman magco-communion....siguro lang.
    Last edited by ts1n1ta; May 19th, 2007 at 07:04 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta View Post
    What irks me the most are the Church goers na pang disco ang damit!! I mean, there are those whom you could tell na napadaan sa Mass at they can't help if they wear sleeveless or tank tops kung ano man, pero a lot (and i mean a lot) really wear gimik clothes at Mass on a Sunday! Minsan, na late kme ng sister ko sa Mass, so we had no choice but to stay at the back at tumayo. May pumasok ba namang 2 babae naka super tight at super low cut na blouse. And they were wearing really short skirts or skorts (whatever you call them) na bakat na ata ang kaluluwa. They even had the decency to walk inside to look for a vacant pew so naturally all eyes were on them.
    I was about to say...... It's the same thing here every Sunday. Many women here use Sunday Mass as an excuse to be fashionable. Same extra short skirt. Same low-cut blouse. It's especially bad when they sit right in front of me. During the most solemn moment with the bells and we're all kneeling, I'd often end up grinning with my wife pinching me painfully and reminding me that I should be staring down.

I often ended up praying, "Dear God.... I'm trying to be a good person here. But, You're making it aaaawfully hard."

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I was about to say...... It's the same thing here every Sunday. Many women here use Sunday Mass as an excuse to be fashionable. Same extra short skirt. Same low-cut blouse. It's especially bad when they sit right in front of me. During the most solemn moment with the bells and we're all kneeling, I'd often end up grinning with my wife pinching me painfully and reminding me that I should be staring down.

I often ended up praying, "Dear God.... I'm trying to be a good person here. But, You're making it aaaawfully hard."
    Hahahaaa nice one Jun Aka Pekto Pati ung mga kain ng kain eh, parang mauubusan na sila

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    one more thing...

as you pay respect to our lord, give what is rightful to others as well=)

yun mga kakaiba manamit sa simbahan, ignore them, you might trigger and hear words like "pakialam mo" when you comment on what they wear or what they do, better to just pray for them that they be enlighten...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    one more thing...

as you pay respect to our lord, give what is rightful to others as well=)

yun mga kakaiba manamit sa simbahan, ignore them, you might trigger and hear words like "pakialam mo" when you comment on what they wear or what they do, better to just pray for them that they be enlighten...
    Tama sir cutedoc, bawal din ba ung nagsusuot ng sumbrero cap?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pa'no yung mga baby/toddlers na umiiyak during the mass? Sa mga catholic churches abroad na napasok ko, hiwalay yung lugar (glass enclosed room/air conditioned pa) ng mga church-goers na may dalang mga bata, just in case "mag-tantrums" sila during the mass, di sila makakaistorbo sa mga church goers. Walang ingay.

Sa mga churches na napuntahan ko rito sa atin, wala pa akong nakitang ganito. Ewan ko lang sa iba.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta View Post
    What irks me the most are the Church goers na pang disco ang damit!! I mean, there are those whom you could tell na napadaan sa Mass at they can't help if they wear sleeveless or tank tops kung ano man, pero a lot (and i mean a lot) really wear gimik clothes at Mass on a Sunday!
    baka naman yun lang ang pang-labas nila na damit

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Marami pa diyan yung mga teens na nagliligawan, yung mga ayaw pumasok sa loob ng simbahan, mas gusto nila, sa labas.....
    eh..hehehe...guilty ako niyan nung teenager pa ko..pero ngayon i always make it a point na sa loob na magsisimba. di talaga maganda ang simbang labas. daming distractions din.

Quote Originally Posted by mfo
    Tama sir cutedoc, bawal din ba ung nagsusuot ng sumbrero cap?
    yep.unless may good reason ka talaga to wear one (bec. of sickness,etc)
    Last edited by mmanson; May 20th, 2007 at 10:50 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Respeto naman=c