New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    while i completely understand the concept of pasalubongs, wala bang bagoong na mabibili sa mga Filipino store? yung utol ko alam ko nagpapadala lang ng pasalubong (sa mga bibisita sa US) para makatipid siya sa gastusin hahaha (lagi niyang hiling argentina corned beef, e nakita ko sa grocery meron namang argentina corned beef dun. not sure about bagoong though.)

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Though I didn't carry any bagoong with me sa LAX, perhaps matalas ang IO's sense of smell. Kagaya ni Malu Fernandez ba?

Amoy bagoong ang mga tao sa flight? Hehehe....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    so far so good. i never had any bad experience in airports

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa Saudi naman mga IO's di marunong mag-Ingles.

Customs officers naman nila, pag natiyempuhan ka, bubulatlatin ang laman ng maleta mo. Maraming bawal: religious materials, ****, mga DVDs/CDs., at siyempre foods na may pork.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    So far I have no problems with IO.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I just arrived here in Shanghai for a 4 day visit and fortunately their IO's are very silent! (hehehehe) They will just look straight into your face and look again at the passport and the visa they issued in Manila... tatak tatak then yun na! (hehehehe) Nakakatawa lang sila kase ang lalagkit ng mga tingin!

Ganda ng skyline nila dito lalu na yung mga skyscrapers at lalu na ang lights sa gabi! Sana ganito rin sa Pinas....

Pero ok pa rin tayong mga Pinoy lalu na sa English kase second language natin yun diba? Ang hirap makipag-usap! Hirap na hirap sila mag English at karamihan di pa marunong! Grrrr......

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sorry mods nadoble po... paki bura na lang po.. thanks po
    Last edited by LadyRider; September 13th, 2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: paki bura mods.. sorry na-doble po... thanx!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    had trouble once with a melbourne IO, he wouldn't believe that a filipino was doing business with an australian company... gave me a hard time, even calling for a security officer to check my luggage... even to the point of charging me duties for the stuffs i was bringing in.. duh.. I was bringing in SAMPLES to show my customer!! sigh..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Let's see. Flying out of the US from NYC..... no problem
    Arriving in Germany..... no problem
    Belgium..... no problem
    The Netherlands..... no problem
    Leaving The Netherlands at Amsterdam..... no problem except when I forgot to open my aluminum laptop briefcase. They had me redo the x-ray part.
    Arriving at the US via Atlanta..... no problem
    Leaving the US at Atlanta..... no problem
    Arriving in Tokyo..... no problem

Even my wife hadn't had any problems. Entering LAX back in 2005 on the return from a trip to RP, she had a suitcase full of daeng and tuyo (the whole suitcase). She said the immigration/custom officer took a long hard look at the plastic bags of dried fish and squid, got a whiff of the odor, shook his head, and let her through. My wife just kind of smiled during the whole thing
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 29th, 2007 at 08:20 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Our last trip was going to HK. The immigration officer was nice and courteous naman. Ok ng adun kasi may candy pa sa counter to help you calm yourself.hehehe

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Rants and Raves With Immigration Officers Upon Arrival to Country of Destination