New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Will you allow your wife or SOON TO BECOME WIFE to get a job in these hard times?? or you will just let them stay at home (HOUSEWIFE) and watch the kids/baby?? and why pls??
    Thanks for sharing your opinions...

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ganito din ang pinagiisipan namin ni misis dati.

Why not... I think it will help your family financially.

When my wife got pregnant i asked her to quit her job and rest until her delivery date. She used to work in a hotel and sometimes her schedule requires her to take the graveyard shift. After delivery, she opted to stay and take care of the baby for a year. Gusto nya daw maganda ang bonding nila. In the end nainip din sya sa bahay and is now working again for a bank. Up to this day nalulungkot pa din sya when she leave our baby with the yaya.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hi, IMO i would say,
    #1. let your wife work if she likes it. you may want to consider who will look after your kids while both of you are at work? If you have your mom or your mother-in-law with yayas i think this would be ok. BUT,
    #2. if you have sufficient income to provide for the needs of your family then it would be better if your wife stays at home.

Personally, I choose #1. I'm on it right now.

good luck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - Let her do whatever she wants. Work if she gets bored at home - quit from work if she gets burned out.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends dude. If you're just starting out, you may or may not have the financial stability just yet so your wife should work to help out. Then again, if you make more than enough, you can just let your wife watch over the kids at home.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    tHANKS for those who replied already..

I'm asking these coz my sis in law has a BF who wants her to quit her job in a well paying job in Makati earning a 2XXXX.00 a month (after they got married)..

Now they are on their own coz my sis-in-law doesn't want to leave her job.. Oh well that's big decision alright considering their been close for almost 2 years na..

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    My gf always tells me that she wants to work even if we have kids na. So let she do the things she wants/likes, be supportive as long as its constructive to the relationship.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would allow her to work if :
    - her job is worthy enough to significantly increase our household income
    - her job would give her enough time to take care of the family
    - we can have someone trusted to watch the kids, manage the house while we are away.
    - we can afford to cover the expenses for the previous item (baka kasi in the end, maging quits lang pag ni-netto mo yung additional income nya against the increase expenditures).

Otherwise, probably she can pursue a part-time/consultancy job which would keep her occupied and still have time to manage the household.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my philosophy is that it's not my place to allow or deny her anything. she controls her own life and it's her right to work for any goals that she sees fit. of course, i can request that she make sacrifices for the good of the family and i know that if the request makes sense, she'll say yes.

biggest example is when i wanted to quit my job to follow my dreams of grad school, she agreed to move with me and make me her palamunin for 2 years :lol: now i make more than twice as much as her and i'm encouraging her to follow her own dreams of changing jobs and working towards a management position kasi may security naman siya sa akin. so give and take yan.

medyo malaki na yung son namin so we can become more flexible with hours, travel, etc. also.

finally, as far as managing the household, hindi por que babae, siya ang automatic na may responsibility sa bahay. if she chooses to work, we husbands need to do our fair share around the house (and the kids too!)
    Last edited by empy; August 24th, 2005 at 11:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    My gf always tells me that she wants to work even if we have kids na. So let her do the things she wants/likes, be supportive as long as its constructive to the relationship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Question to all MEN..