New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    unless you're super yaman, maganda na ung me job/entrepreneurial skills ung asawa mo. God forbid if you lose your job or your life, at least me isang income earner pa sa bahay

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    badkuk: yup, that will always bother a single income family.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Kami baligtad, nagsemi-retire asawa ko sa Citibank after 7 years of agony and disappointment hehe. Right now, alaga nya si anak. Ako lang nagwowork.

Funny thing is, mas nakakaipon kami right now since budget is more controlled and planned, unlike dati mas may extra money di napupuna san pumupunta yung pera.

Main advantage talaga for our son, sobra syang happy with the mom being there all the time (wala kaming yaya). He's learning a lot of new things and my wife is enjoying her time with our son as well.

Unlike dati napapaiyak sya kasi pag uwi nya sa work, pagod na sya and tulog na anak namin, sa umaga sandali lang nya nakakasama.

Negatives naman the fact that wala kaming helper, mas pagod sya sa chores and taking care of our kid full time.

She still has this guilt feeling of hindi fair dahil ako lang nagwowork, feeling nya nahihirapan ako which isn't true.

While it may seem nice for us to "think" mas ok financially if she can again have a regular income, I told her naman na hanggat kaya namin and nakakaipon pa kami, ok lang kami sa current setup.

If nahihirapan sya sa chores, we can get a temp helper 2x a week or something.

We both dont like the idea of leaving our child sa maid/lola/relatives nalang lagi.

While it's true na decision nya yun, honestly, if you have obligations to a child/children, it's a family decision and not just one person.
    laki kase sweldo mo e

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ulul, ikaw boss ko no, edi doble pa sweldo mo hehehe....

Gara pa ng kulay ng oto mo! :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    it's faggot blue hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Even if we're doing better financially, I'd still let her decide if she wants to work. It's not just the income kasi. My opinion is that sayang naman yung pinag-aralan niya sa college kung hindi niya magagamit, let her intelligence flex its muscles. It's nice to know that my wife and I can stand on equal footing, as far as being professionals is concerned.

Besides, mas madaling maging selosa ang mga stay-at-home wives, kasi wala silang pinagkakaabalahan kaya kung anu-ano na lang ang naiisip nila na ginagawa ng kanilang mister.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think it's better for women to work. Based on all my friends who're married... wives who stay at home to "take care of the kids" typically have too much time on their hands (not that keeping house and taking care of kids is an easy task).

Nangyayari tuloy, sobrang binabantayan ang mga husband nila. Calling/texting during meetings... always asking "Where are you?" or "Why aren't you home yet?"...

It ultimately depends on what the girl wants, but I would encourage the girl to work outside.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Besides, mas madaling maging selosa ang mga stay-at-home wives, kasi wala silang pinagkakaabalahan kaya kung anu-ano na lang ang naiisip nila na ginagawa ng kanilang mister.
    Hehe, nasa "reputasyon" mo nalang yan :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    While it may seem nice for us to "think" mas ok financially if she can again have a regular income, I told her naman na hanggat kaya namin and nakakaipon pa kami, ok lang kami sa current setup.
    eto sitwasyon ng sister in law ko. she was thinking about working so their family could have extra income, but if you add up the new expenses (yaya/day care + extra car/transpo/gas + house help + kung ano-ano pa), sabi niya lugi pa sila. so stay at home pa rin siya

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sacrifice either way!. No right or wrong here. Maybe you should ask the wife to choose rather than the man choosing. If you feel strongly one way, then say so.

Its all about a workable compromise. Thats what life is all about!.
    That simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Question to all MEN..