New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    i watched this youtube video. somehow, he makes sense. I mean why reinvent the wheel tapos pag nag-malfunction could cost you pHp 25K++. pano pag nag-malfunction while you're in a far away place like sa isang resto stop sa Sagada?

this Push Start System is both electronic and wireless. Wifi ka nga sa bahay nag-malfunction ito pa kaya. though it's RFID, it's still an electronic circuit.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    How hard is it to turn a key?

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hated that guy. He's loud and his editing skills leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, about keyless ignitions/push-button ignition.... I can mention a few things off the top of my head:

1. They're for convenience. The same reason why they "re-invented" the manual transmission and made an A/T. Though it does cost more to make and even more to repair, but that's the price of convenience, or more accurately, how much you will have to pay for the convenience.
    2. They have gotten pretty good at making them pretty reliable. My parents have a 6-7 year old daily-driven Tucson and the push-button start have NOT failed us one single time.
    3. Even physical key ignition switches fail too. Remember the GM fiasco? That was worse, with around 120-something fatalities due to a faulty ignition key switch. Millions of cars worldwide were recalled. No such scandal with push-button ignition.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    How hard is it to turn a key?

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    as hard as pushing a button

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's for convenience. I don't have to look for my keys anymore, it's always in my bag.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup..how many times I have dropped my keys in the past and damaging the fob in the process. For women, no more panic searching inside the bag.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    They can provide keyless start/stop but there should be some kind of manual override

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's an interim technology to prepare us for electric vehicles ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this

Warning: Thieves are using this mystery device to steal cars | Clark Howard

and if i'm a thief, if i know your car has push button start/stop, i'll just wait for you to come near so i can open the passenger door and run away with whatever i can grab.
    Last edited by yebo; September 4th, 2017 at 02:18 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Keyfobs for push-button cars usually have a back-up key to unlock the door, and a passive RFID chip that allows you to start the car by holding the keyfob close to the ignition button.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast