New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Tsikoteers,

Has anyone ever victimized by PRUDENTIAL LIFE? Lucky to say I'm not one of them.

One of their agents called up in our office last week so happy to inform me that I'm one of their lucky winners, in their ongoing raffle. Where my name was sponsored by somebody...ek ek. I can claim daw my prize of LIFE INSURANCE at their Buendia branch. Where I don't need to pay anything. They just asked me if I have a valid ID (duh! am I elementary), credit card (what for?) - just for validation purposes (really huh). Well I just answered uhmm.
    Insisted when can I drop by their office to claim my price. I said anytime this week (that was last week), just to politely say 'ok enough of your BS, I'm busy'.
    Then just this afternoon, another agent called me and following up on my visit. I replied and asked the agent I'm so busy (never letting them know that I don't give a damn). Coz I don't believe their so called promo (kung ****o pa..hehe).
    Anyway, still insistent. I asked for their DTI permit no. She then put me on hold...then another girl on the other line asked for my name. I said 'WHO ARE YOU? don't ask for my name coz I did not call your office'. She's Mikee Alonzo (manager daw) asking for my concern. I again asked if they can give me their DTI permit no. What for daw...Ms Alonzo you're company keep on saying that you have an existing promo. So I want to know your permit no. Coz you can't run a promo without securing a permit. She replied, 'one moment po'.
    Passed me again to certain Arnel Souza (area manager daw, BS!). Trying to scare me of his (pero boses bading..BAKLA!!!) I again asked for the permit no, coz they are running a promo. They don't have it with them daw! Nasa main office. T*ngna nyo! Sabi ko...Hey Mr & Ms Alonzo/Souza, next time be prepared, coz you can't fool everybody. I suggest that you pack your things up coz I'll report you to DTI. They'll ask their agents not to call me gain daw and erase my number in their list.

Bdw, their number which I happen to jot is 8965850. Just in case you receive the same modus...

Ingat tsikoteers!

ciao

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Style ng Family First yan ah...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Funny, I just got a call from a PRUDENTIAL LIFE agent barely 5 minutes ago before reading this thread.

Although the agent told me naman I was one of the lucky people who was picked by their computer to be given a P50,000 free life insurance. All I need to do daw is drop-by their building in Makati and sign some paperworks, no obligation, nothing to pay.

I told the agent how did my name and phone number landed in their computer in the first place. Atleast the agent was honest enough to say, "Ser, sorry hindi ko po alam eh. Ito po kse yung trabaho na binigay sakin. Kunin ko daw yung mga pangalan at number na nasa computer at tawagan sila".

Anyway, it was their 2nd call actually. They were even trying to ask me for my cellphone number.

(OT lang saglit: Naalala ko tuloy yang cellphone number, I was window shopping at Isuzu and Mitsubishi a week ago and gave them my cell number. Ngayon, hindi ako tinitigilan tawagan nung mga car sales agent para bentahan ako ng Sportivo at Adventure. Daming freebies na inaalok sakin para lang bumili ako.)

back to the topic ..........

I think there is a hidden agenda in this kinda thing. Sometimes pag punta mo doon para i-claim yung so-called insurance, you have to fill-up several forms asking for your personal information like address, contact number, nature of job, position in the company, etc.

I say never trust your personal information to people like these who can't even tell you how they got your name and phone number in the first place.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Matagal ng modus operandi ito. I just ignored them. Pero some are makulit so I frankly told them I'm not interested. Period.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Bud, gimik yan ng mga ibang insurance companies, lalo ng yung mga mga malalaki. Affected ang life insurance industry nung nangyari sa Cap at sa Pacific. In fact, the industry is kind of reeling from it. Sa hirap kasi ng buhay ngayon, insurance is one of the last things that average Juan (or Juana) Dela Cruz would get. Medyo saturated na ang upper middle class and A class sa life insurance. So, naghahanap na naman sila ng ibang mabibiktima...eheste...magiging bagong client.

Most of the time, hindi naman yan yung insurance company mismo. Kadalasan nyan eh yung mga agencies nila. Sa haba ng itinagal ko sa insurance at pre-need industries, maraming agencies na may mga ginagawa na hindi sanctioned or hindi alam ng insurance companies nila. Now, kuung yung gimik ng mga agencies na yan eh nag-click, look the other way yung insurance company. Pero, once na nakatanggap sila ng reklamo, lalo na kung yung reklamo eh sa Insurance Commission nai-file, tsaka lang gagawa ng discilinary action yung insurance company. Kung malaki lagi ang pinapasok na pera nung agency, "slap on the hand" lang ang parusa. Pero kung maliit, tsugi.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Style nila BULOK! Ganyan nga rin yung Family First noon. I-reject niyo kaagad. Sabihin niyong di kayo interesado, tapos ang boksing.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Despite this modus operandi has been operating for a long long time, marami pa rin silang naloloko.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hindi pa natatapos itong pang-aabuso ng Toyota Fortuner, at pandaraya "daw" ni GMA, ito namang Prudential Life ang lumalabas. Bansa na ba talaga tayo ng mga mandurugas? :praning:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Scams are perpetrated globally. Warning lang to all tsikoteers, do not divulge your personal information to anybody, be it a telephone call, a survey sheet or what-have-yous. Prevention is still the best way to avoid being scammed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    is prudential life the same as prudential guarantee? dun ko kasi pina insure ang 2 kotse namin ngayon. Quoito ata may ari

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
prudential promo thread [merged]