New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I am planning to take up MBA, marketing or hotel mgt courses abroad. which university do u recommend?

actually, on wed next week at 2:30am here! i will have my preliminary interview thru the phone for Southwestern University.

i am also considering Fordham University, Cornell and Oxford if kaya ng powers ko. Ang gastos mag-apply, grabe!

Ano kaya ung klangan kong score sa TOEFL n GMAT?

To those who have experienced interview thru the phone, plz help me, i really have no idea how it will be done, pls give me tips!

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    up ko lang

pls tips naman jan

does anyone of u know anyone who have studied at Les Roches at Switzerland?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry i can't help you much. sa local school lang kasi ako nag MBA. are you applying for scholarship or are you going to pay for your graduate studies?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gretz,

The number of MBA enrollees globally especially in the U.S. is declining for some reason or the other.

The trend right now especially for the young upstarts out of college is to delve into entrepreneurship. Here in the Philippines, AIM, Ateneo and De La Salle are also experiencing a sharp decline in MBA students.

AIM, however, observed a very sharp increase in enrollees in their entrepreneurship program.

The advice of some of the business gurus to young granduates is to "THINK OUT OF THE BOX" and delve in the realm beyond conventional wisdom. Although this path is more difficult, it is more rewarding and fulfilling in the long run. Entrepreneurship is the way to go in the future.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by woodfire
    Gretz,

The number of MBA enrollees globally especially in the U.S. is declining for some reason or the other.

The trend right now especially for the young upstarts out of college is to delve into entrepreneurship. Here in the Philippines, AIM, Ateneo and De La Salle are also experiencing a sharp decline in MBA students.

AIM, however, observed a very sharp increase in enrollees in their entrepreneurship program.

The advice of some of the business gurus to young granduates is to "THINK OUT OF THE BOX" and delve in the realm beyond conventional wisdom. Although this path is more difficult, it is more rewarding and fulfilling in the long run. Entrepreneurship is the way to go in the future.

I agree. Although an MBA program will arm you with the technical skills needed. Whether it be in a corporate career or entreprenuerial venture. I tried putting up and running a company of my own before. But unfortunately we have to close down because we were badly hit during Erap's impeachment trial. Dollar dependent kasi kami. I'm now in the final stages of my MBA, the program made me realize what we did wrong in our company.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with musang, but there is one catch in taking an MBA (or any graduate studies program) immediately after finishing undergrad studies....hindi mo maapreciate ang ituturo sa iyo.

I remember, when I tried AIM...one of the requirements was working for at least 2 years na. Yun pala ang dahilan, hindi ka makakarelate sa ituturo.

I firmly suggest that you drop the plan muna and work for 2-4 years. After that then you go graduate studies.

Btw, even if me MBA degree yung ibang kakilala ko they had a hard time to get a job that would pay em up properly kasi they are too young or over qualified minsan...imagine these...would a less than 25 yr old MBA fresh graduate match a 40 yr old manager in the real business world?? - on first impression basis, i believe that the 40 yr old manager's opinion would be more trustworthy...

just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your plans are to stay in the philippines, who needs an mba??!! erap was a college drop out, he became president! fpj was a high school drop out, he's running for president! one only needs to know how to read and write in this country, we do not even need arithmetic! we are all over qualified already ok!

ok, just kidding hehehe! gud luck sa interview!

btw, i agree with their posts. get some work experience first before you go for a masters. imho, only doctors of medicine/dentistry/vet med go straight from ab/bs to md/ddm/dvm. all other mortals must follow the beaten path to martyrdom!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup,, agree ako sa kanila, delve into real world first , testing the waters sabi nga nila, tsaka ka mag MBA, para maka relate ka nang husto.... yon nga lang kapag nalibang ka na sa work mo, medyo wala ka nang time mag-aral....

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    most of these universities nga require at least 2 yrs of work experience for their MBA degree. that's why i wanna try marketing or hotel mgt. gusto ko kc tuloy tuloy na aral na sana tapos work, work,work.

i hope i can get a scholarship, if not my parents will finance my studies (well, as if they have a choice. :D)

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    sir woodfire, how many yrs is the entrepreneurship program at AIM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Post-Grad Studies Abroad