New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Any suggestions for portable aircon? Yung reliable and di mabigat sa bulsa. Maglagay sana ako sa room ng baby ko and ayoko kasi magbutas. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Then where would the heat go? Normally the heat generated by the AC to cool a room/space should be dissipated outside. Wouldn't it be an added load for the portable AC system to cool the room also being heated by it?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Baby room? ... Be aware of the hazards of using portable air conditioners and coolers ...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Not sure how portable aircon system works. I see some of it sa Abenson and Lazada, baka merong naka portable aircon dito and I need some feedbacks sana.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Baby room? ... Be aware of the hazards of using portable air conditioners and coolers ...
    Uy, good point! What are those sir?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    meron ducting to expel the hot air which you have snake through a window. these portable things are very inefficient but they do work if you don't mind wasting lots of energy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reiman13 View Post
    Not sure how portable aircon system works. I see some of it sa Abenson and Lazada, baka merong naka portable aircon dito and I need some feedbacks sana.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Uy, good point! What are those sir?
    meron ako. Gingamit ko lang pag meron event sa bahay. Meron mga fittings na kasama for the xhaust pwede mo install sa ceiling para Isaksak na lang doon yun exhaust pwede din ipit sa sliding window pero open yun window unless papasadya mo yun exacto lang para doon sa bracket ng exhaust para closed pa rin yun window.

I'm talking about real portable a/c ha not yun air cooler lang.

Problema lang kailangan itapon yun condensation so mag stop siya pag puno na ng tubig. Istorbo.

Kaya kung sa Room ng baby mo pag kabit ka na lang ng split type kung ayaw mo mag butas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    kung maliit lang ang room, meron naman available na ventless... kaso just like the single vent solution, medyo alangan ako.

kung dual hose naman, medyo mahal.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Another option would be to grab a room dehumidifier. The discomfort from hot summer days is less from heat, more from humidity. With dry heat, sweat evaporates quickly. With high humidity, the air is saturated with water, sweat evaporation is slower....hindering the body's natural cooling system. This causes uneasiness, stickiness....& temper tantrums.Portable aircon
    ACs have 2 functions...to dry & cool the room air, hence, they drip water.
    Opting for a dehumidifier & a good ceiling fan, instead, can save you energy & moolah.....The heat can actually be bearable, enjoyable.Portable aircon

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reiman13 View Post
    Any suggestions for portable aircon? Yung reliable and di mabigat sa bulsa. Maglagay sana ako sa room ng baby ko and ayoko kasi magbutas. TIA!
    if the aircon will stay there and be used for a long period, as in, while the baby is growing, i strongly recommend na magbutas na kayo. split aircons offer smaller butases.
    portables are so in-efficient.

magbutas is not that difficult, and will probably not weaken your wall. a well-designed butas will not leak during heavy rains, either.
    the most difficult part is probably seeing the process of butas-ing. especially if one is a newbie to butas-ing. i have had it done several times, and i assure you, it ain't fatal. heh heh.

good luck.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Go for the long-term solution and get a proper AC installed.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast