New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    If no one dies what happens then? We multiply like tribbles then what?
    And then Man has to figure out ways to deal with that. Build megacities. Colonies in space. Terraform Mars.

I believe there is no limit to what Man can achieve.

From Ape-man to the Human Genome Project. We have come a long way. And we are still evolving.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    We cant even house the poor now what more if no diseases or death happens? Megacities dont work. Colonies in space & mars are more fiction than fact. We may end eating recycled food & drink derived from your last meal. Tht's no way a human being should live.

This is not to offend anyone but what if Jesus Christ didnt die for us we'd all be damned.

It's a natural biological function to do everything to live but everything must die.
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    And then Man has to figure out ways to deal with that. Build megacities. Colonies in space. Terraform Mars.

I believe there is no limit to what Man can achieve.

From Ape-man to the Human Genome Project. We have come a long way. And we are still evolving.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    add ko lng, i think kung totoo yan disease na yan dapat mathematically(multiplier effect ksi) ang death toll natin ay thousands if not millions die from time to time---....as in bodybags all piled up day by day na parang WWII kaso wala naman ah.

nagloko ako mga more than 10yrs ago as in dami ko ginawa kalokohan eh lang hiya mas mauuna yata ako mamatay dahil sa worry kesa dyan sa mga publicity nilang yan eh. feeling ko nagkakaroon ako ng sakit dahil ka wowory eh. tagal naman mag take effect nyan nakakainip! torture kakaisip.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So what do we do? Stop all the cancer and AIDS research? Stop developing new treatments for heart disease, diabetes? we have to leave stuff that will kill people right? we cant find cures for everything out there coz if we did, nature wont have anything left to kill us with.

So where do we stop? We stop at cancer and AIDS? find cures for everything else but leave cancer and AIDS alone?

Im on the side of people who will not accept disease as a part of life.

Im on the side of scientists. They will constantly challenge and defy nature.

People who will not resign to the fact that man is powerless against nature are responsible for the forward and upward surge of mankind thru the ages.

Thank God for them.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    More than just research into eradicating present diseases, maybe it's time that we all took a long hard look at how we've been living our lives. I tend to think that man ultimately brought down upon himself what he has been enduring for the last thousand years or so. Massive industrialization, wanton disregard for nature, misused resources, misplaced priorities overall -- they've all given rise to ills, physical and otherwise, that scientists are now racing to cure before it's too late. Where there's preventive maintenance on cars, surely there must be one for how humanity will chart its course for generations to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    I hope we can have an intelligent, healthy discussion here.
    That will depend on how 'healthy' and 'intelligent' your ideas will be in the future.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    If ever you've taken Philo1, there's this thing called "Argumentum Ad Hominem" and some of you are guilty of it.

See, this is a discussion, we present ideas, why the hell do you attack the person? Tsikot, from my initial impression is composed of mature people. Getting angry at a person with an unpopular idea is simply so childish and immature.
    aba, at naghalukay pa ng Philo 1 :bwahaha: too bad you don't even know how to use the term properly. an ad hominem argument is attempting to discredit an argument because there is something objectionable about the person who said it (like trying to say the autobahns were a bad idea because Hitler built them). what is being attacked here is the stupidity of your ideas, not you personally.

and don't worry about people being angry - speaking for myself, i might be angry if you were a public official who could actually do something like what you're proposing. i'm really more amused with what i'm reading.

you want logic? let me give it a try:

If you have AIDS then I apologize for the seemingly harsh idea I presented.
    fallacy: assuming only people who have AIDS would object to your idea. have you considered anyone who has relatives or friends with AIDS, or just simply value human life, would object also? oh, that's right - you are a cost/benefit type of person *rolls eyes*

if the elimination of the few sick will benefit the majority, i think it's well worth it.

My statements here doesn't necessarily reflect my own belief nor actions.
    two statements, three sentences apart, that contradict each other. are you in favor of it or aren't you?

Some, are just for the sake of discussion. Remember, we're talking about an uncurable disease here and the problem of its further spread that's facing this human race.
    fallacy: the only way to stop the spread of AIDS is to kill everyone who has it.

there's a very simple way to make sure you don't get AIDS. don't have unprotected ***, take blood transfusions or share needles with anyone who has it. we are not talking about some Ebola pandemic where you can't go out in public without fear of a killer infection.

so tell me...you think taking the lives of 40MM people across the world somehow is a bigger benefit to the world and the other 6 billion people who have minimal risk of infection if they take the proper precautions? let's see your analysis, Mr. Cost-Benefit.

how many people with AIDS are productive members of society that give more than they take? Magic Johnson is one well-known example.

saying stupid things without thinking! Geez! how typical of most (insert adjective here) (btw, another fallacy - generalization)

now, where's my 'owned' smiley, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    That will depend on how 'healthy' and 'intelligent' your ideas will be in the future.
    i'm not holding my breath
    Last edited by empy; July 7th, 2006 at 10:16 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    tsk tsk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oist tama na.

lets go back to sharing ideas...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *M54: If that makes you happy, then so be it, but your counter arguments are wrong. Maybe next time kid.

I wouldn't retaliate anymore in respect to the head moderator, GlennSter.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *Horsepower: You don't have to suppress yourself entirely. If you need to substantiate your arguments further, feel free to use the private messaging feature and PM the member concerned, so that others can stick to the topic on this thread.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; July 7th, 2006 at 03:33 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
People Who Pass On AIDS Virus May be Sued