New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka di na siya magkasya sa aisle ng plane, lalo na habang nagsi-serve ng food.......

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Pure discrimination. How about some elderly stewardesses that I see, can they even help in the event of a true emergency? They're not fat at all.

As long as you can provide proof that you are still capable (mentally and physically) to provide emergency evacuation procedures then you should be fine. My questions are, why the heck did it take 20 years for it to be resolved? And second, did PAL ever provide tests for the said airline crew member to ascertain his physical health? The report did not mention anything about training exercises at all.
    He was given every chance to change even to the point of helping him lose weight so there is no discrimination at all. When he signed his contract it clearly stated the requirements for the job. It took 20 years because it was in the RP courts. Don't know about you but I would rather that his fat a** not be the one blocking my way in an emergency.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by iho250 View Post
    he's even lucky being accepted as an FA with that weight
    Tawag diyan, "excess baggage"........

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    if this is becoming a trend sa ibang airlines, then they are just trying to avoid a potential risk/problem

1st: sino kaya kakain ng mga natirang fish kung ang inorder ng mga pasahero eh puros chicken hehehe

2nd: if FA's follow the trends of the younger generation or the so-called Starbucks kids (who wear skimpy clothes and outfits kahit halos pumutok na butones), baka makadagdag sa bigat ng eroplano. balikbayan boxes nga may limit eh, dapat sila din.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is really a competitive world out there... from the point of view of the FA, and from the point of view of the airline.....

Teka,- lalaki ba ito o babae?

An obese flight steward for national flag carrier Philippine Airlines has been grounded for good by the Supreme Court after a 20-year legal battle, court records released Friday said.

In a 28-page ruling, the Supreme Court upheld an earlier decision by a lower court that found merit in the termination of Armanda Yrasuegi's contract.

The 217-pound Yrasuegi was dismissed by Philippine Airlines (PAL) after he failed to lose weight as specified under his contract in 1989.

Yrasuegi challenged the dismissal arguing that his weight had nothing to do with the airworthiness of PAL's airplanes in a legal battle that would stretch for 19 years.

He argued that his being fat was a "sickness and a physical abnormality" that was beyond his control.
    6909:seehearspeak:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    He was given every chance to change even to the point of helping him lose weight so there is no discrimination at all. When he signed his contract it clearly stated the requirements for the job. It took 20 years because it was in the RP courts. Don't know about you but I would rather that his fat a** not be the one blocking my way in an emergency.
    I agree 100%, there was no discrimination whatsoever.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kalokohan yang discrimination na yan.

Napansin ko lang... Bat kaya galit ang mga matataba pag sinabi mong mataba sila?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I can understand weight as an issue.. What I don't understand though is that why do they require FA's skins to be flawless? A friend tried applying for the job and said she failed because of a coin sized burn mark at the back of her legs.. What gives?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    probably because the industry wants models for FAs :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PAL flight attendant loses cases for being obese