Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    anong fluid yun? :naughty2:
    :innocent:

:angel3:
    syur......yung malamig shempre....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One good thing about our house is the insulation. If we let the A/C run for 15 minutes in the morning then turn it off and keep the curtains drawn, our house is still a very bearable 78F-80F (26C-27C) during mid-afternoon and it's 122F (50C) outside.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Am waiting for the AC cleaners as I type! I even had our roof repainted with a lighter shade. Buti din nagpagawa kami ng lap pool -- mura lang pala siya kung lap pool lang -- parang 2nd hand car.

Sa car naman, I believe lighter colors have a big advantage over the darker ones -- sabi dun sa mythbusters malaki daw ang diperensiya sa temp!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Here during monsoon season (mid-year), temperatures can reach 120F - 125F (49C - 52C) with the humidity to match. No one's out from 11am to 4pm except for school kids who live nearby and walk home.

Once a thunderstorm starts, the temperature drops into the low 90's (33C). Afterwards, the temperature starts to climb back up and is even more humid than before.

Luckily, monsoon season lasts less than 2 months. Still, it's a good thing twilight last almost into 10 pm because those are the only times we're outside during summer.

Add: It's why my wardrobe (outside of work and church) consists of shorts, tank tops, sandals, and shades. Heck, I sometimes wear those to church too.

Bro, saan ba yan? Sobrang init naman diyan! Baka kung ako yan nakahubad na ako pumasok!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Bro, saan ba yan? Sobrang init naman diyan! Baka kung ako yan nakahubad na ako pumasok!
    Southeast Arizona.

We're not the hottest, either. I think southwest Arizona, Death Valley in southeast California, and parts of southern Nevada all can reach 130F (54.4C).

I remember when I was very young at Las Vegas NV back in the early 70's (1972, 1973?). It's 2 am and the temperature outside was 110F (43C)....ugh.

But, the absolute worst for me was the time I made a trip to Doha Qatar one summer, years ago. The daytime temperature was 112F (44F) plus the humidity was just like in the Philippines. I was miserable. The 120F in Arizona doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

Even 40C with +90% humidity there in the Philippines is very dangerous. If your pee is a dark yellow or even orange, you're in trouble already.

Add: The highest recorded temperature in the US is 134F (56.7C) in 1913 at Death Valley.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 5th, 2008 at 08:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ damn sir thats a hot place to be. i cant stay out of the house for more than an hour because of the heat... pano pa kaya sa mga places na yan... :sweat:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ^^ damn sir thats a hot place to be. i cant stay out of the house for more than an hour because of the heat... pano pa kaya sa mga places na yan... :sweat:
    That's why I carry a Camelback water pack with me whenever we're doing volunteer duty picking up trash by the highways.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hhmm, you can install as many AC you can afford, stick the best tints on your windshields, stay all day inside the malls, service your AC to 100% efficiency, spend millions to insulate your house, build a thousand more power plants but no matter what you do guys as long as you keep producing co2, only one thing is certain......you will all get fried still....including me of course even if my only contribution is my fart.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mainit na, dami pa lamok

anyone can recommend an a/c technician who does home servicing? iyong kumakarga ng freon if need be.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Wala yan sa Lolo ko................

OB, baka naman 100 deg Fahrenheit yun, hindi celsius. Kung celsius yun, boiling pt. na yun.

Yung 100 deg F. = 37.77 deg celsius lang yun. Parang dito rin sa atin.
    ah ganun ba yun ngaun ko lang naintindihan yan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
PAGASA: Weather to Shoot Up From 38 C - 40C!