New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    NASA will now accept tourists up to space labs only starting between 2008-10 for qualified individuals but has to undergo undersea training first somewhere in key west,florida.take note...it's just $5,000 only...it's serious.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Need a link. So far as I know, NASA hopes to encourage Space Tourism, but they're still struggling to bring the cost down.

Simply put, if you send one person into space for just $5,000, they're wasting over a million dollar's worth of taxpayer's money for one person's enjoyment.

Rocket fuel ain't cheap.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Of course... so far, it looks like an impossible task...
    impossible is nothing. imagine the world our grandparents lived in vs ours. progress is exponential. what is important is the will of the powers that be. but then again most progress comes from military application. just look at the very tool we are using at the moment. remember the old comps of the 80s? Commodore ba yun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... interesting read:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ex...spaceship.html

Seems like they are really looking into this option since a LOT of people are against using a nuclear-powered spacecraft.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder why NASA is having such a difficult time figuring out faster-than-light travel?

If Captain Picard were on the bridge, all he has to do is say "Engage!", and off they go

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have trouble believing that you can get into space for 5k. a first class ticket to Europe costs more than that

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Well...me too can't believe it for 5k,can't retrieve the links i've read last year before i join tsikot.com...it says...a non-profit,selected- qualified individuals only...sorry i can't substantiate,just leave it if you may...thanks

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    di ba yun concorde pwede sa space kahit sandali lang

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I wonder why NASA is having such a difficult time figuring out faster-than-light travel?
    Partly blame it on Einstein, but I'd blame it mostly on the human brain. If we ever achieve faster-than-light travel, then we must have already learned how to travel at the speed of thought.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    di ba yun concorde pwede sa space kahit sandali lang
    and then you'll need the space shuttle to go up and rescue you before the concorde burns up during re-entry.

outer space exploration