New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    well, these exporters are really quick to protect their own interests. let them be. they're businesses at magagawan nila ng paraan iyan. it's not as if they will close down as they claim. some of their products eh yaman ng Pilipinas, andyan lang yan puwede i-extract o i-aquire. all they need it to restructure their biz. and downsizing is well, part of any biz. in general, export industry is just one sector.

if we watch some documentaries on TV, it's so discouraging to see all the good mangoes sent to export while the ordinary/bad ones sent to local distros. these exporters are perfect examples of discrimination. if they get discriminated by foreign buyers bec. they are not cheap anymore, then what goes around, comes around. the very people that they're trying to impress, wala din kwenta ang tingin sa kanila even at the slightest adjustment of price. what kind of relations is that?

the OFW problem is what should be addressed. they're working hard to have less and less purchasing power if they spend their hard-earned here.

but sabi nga ng Central Bank accdg. to above article, "the benefits outweigh the cost." tiis lang muna siguro until the strong peso has an effect. after all, noon naman tumaas ang dollar$, hindi din naman overnight tumaas ang presyo ng bilihin.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    well, these exporters are really quick to protect their own interests. let them be. they're businesses at magagawan nila ng paraan iyan. it's not as if they will close down as they claim. some of their products eh yaman ng Pilipinas, andyan lang yan puwede i-extract o i-aquire. all they need it to restructure their biz. and downsizing is well, part of any biz. in general, export industry is just one sector.

if we watch some documentaries on TV, it's so discouraging to see all the good mangoes sent to export while the ordinary/bad ones sent to local distros. these exporters are perfect examples of discrimination. if they get discriminated by foreign buyers bec. they are not cheap anymore, then what goes around, comes around. the very people that they're trying to impress, wala din kwenta ang tingin sa kanila even at the slightest adjustment of price. what kind of relations is that?

the OFW problem is what should be addressed. they're working hard to have less and less purchasing power if they spend their hard-earned here.

but sabi nga ng Central Bank accdg. to above article, "the benefits outweigh the cost." tiis lang muna siguro until the strong peso has an effect. after all, noon naman tumaas ang dollar$, hindi din naman overnight tumaas ang presyo ng bilihin.
    if you are a mangoe trader...would you like to sell your best quality mangoes in the country for around P20 per piece or export it here in UK and sell it for £150 (P135) per piece.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer
    if you are a mangoe trader...would you like to sell your best quality mangoes in the country for around P20 per piece or export it here in UK and sell it for £150 (P135) per piece.
    you have a good point. as a businessman I probably would do the obvious. but still it is discouraging on the eyes of other filipinos. i cant deny that. and what's even more undeniable is that quality is only a secondary factor why foreign importers chose me. national pride vs. business "whoring" strategy, only time will draw the line .... and a stronger peso is all I need to stop licking foreign a$$.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
OFW remittances up