New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nagpapagawa kami ng bahay and its almost done excited to moving in na then our contractor told me hindi pa daw pwede lipatan until wala pa occupancy permit.

Im like WTF is that permit? Another money making venture ng cityhall? Owner ang titira then kailangan ng permit. We are about to shell out 45k for that! Animal!

Puwede naman daw hindi kumuha kaso mas may problema daw pag nasita. May mga nag iikot ikot daw from city hall checking those permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    san lugar ito? isang malaking ka gaguhan yan!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ...that, and applications for utilities may hit a couple of snags.

AFAIK, that 45k is the 'lakad fee'.

If your house passes all building codes, it shouldn't be a problem if you go process them yourself for cheap(er?).

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *foresterx Manila area kami bro

*stoner contractor na namin naglakad lahat ng permits aminado naman siya may additional charge since may mga kailangan padulasan para mabilis ang proseso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    It is the duty of your contractor to inform you of the requirements on paperworks and permits before you go thru the build. From the building permit to the occupancy permit there should be a clear list and the corresponding budget for it. It is true that this becomes a troublesome task that's why some folks resort to "under the table" arrangements to facilitate the speedy release of their paperwork. Still there are some Municipalities that process permits dutifully w/ very minimal or no damage at all on your pocket like Marikina City. I'd just get the permit if I were you so you can get settled with your new house asap. My two cents.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    As long as walang violation sa building code at sa fire code there is no need for the "padulas". IIRC this requires the participation of your local fire station. The occupancy permit shall be issued after the rep from your local fire station inspects the house and deems it fire-safe. The occupancy payment can be paid lump sum or half before and half after construction prior to occupying the house.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    all along i thought occupancy permit is only applies if you let your house to be rented out?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I am not sure but i guess this permit racket is only applicable in MM. The reason i say this is because i bumped into this scam about 2 yrs ago when my house in Alabang was built. I got my suking hardware to deal with it thus it was not much of a hassle for me. 2 yrs prior, i have my house down south done. After acquiring a building permit, that's it.

Yeah, when i heard about this permit, my blood shot up my head. They would even require receipts as back up documents/evidence etc...it's nothing but a facking income generating/kotong scheme by the goverment. Yet, we pay all this crap permits and taxes and those squatters just rise from no where, occupy other's property illegally , no building & occupancy permits, illegal electrical supply etc...and yet the goverment protects them more than tax payers and even provide them with everything when their evicted.

Our goverment officials really suck big time that who ever authored this law should be crucified.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    I am not sure but i guess this permit racket is only applicable in MM. The reason i say this is because i bumped into this scam about 2 yrs ago when my house in Alabang was built. I got my suking hardware to deal with it thus it was not much of a hassle for me. 2 yrs prior, i have my house down south done. After acquiring a building permit, that's it.

Yeah, when i heard about this permit, my blood shot up my head. They would even require receipts as back up documents/evidence etc...it's nothing but a facking income generating/kotong scheme by the goverment. Yet, we pay all this crap permits and taxes and those squatters just rise from no where, occupy other's property illegally , no building & occupancy permits, illegal electrical supply etc...and yet the goverment protects them more than tax payers and even provide them with everything when their evicted.

Our goverment officials really suck big time that who ever authored this law should be crucified.

im from the province kelangan din dito ng occupancy permit kung pasado ka sa bldg. codes minimal lang ang fee baka naman yang contractor mo ang ang kelangan ng padulas para lakarin nya yung permit

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I had to pay this when my rest house in tagaytay was done. If everything is aboveboard, no need for padulas.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Occupancy Permit for Newly Built House