New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sabi nga ng Physics professor ko back in HS:

"It's not where you are, it's who you are"

Mark my words, if you're successful enough, ung mismong university na ang magbibigay ng diploma/master's degree sa yo. Look at Erap, Lucio Tan and John Gokongwei.

"It's not where you are, it's who you are"
    you took the words out of my mouth...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga KSP yang mga ganyan, kulang ng sense of belongingness. so what kung member ka ng school na yan papakainin ba niyan pamilya mo kung wala kang perang pambili. Leche (pardon the language) pinahirapan ako nung enrollment parang pila sa sine sa ilalim ng araw. (2-3 F%$&ing days para lang makapagenroll)

regarding work, I couldn't care less, for me I'm like a mercenary (I don't care what others will think of me) HE WHO PAYS ME THE MOST MY LOYALTY IS WITH THEM.
    In case you're no longer needed by these companies, in an instant they drop you like a hot potato anyway. So who cares.

Hell I need the money I'm only loyal to myself and my family.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pride.. hehehehe.. schools want to better than any other school.. they do everything to compete not only for the students but they want to be the best... did i make any sense? hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Napansin ko lang... people who are blatantly proud of their school(bringing alma matter up in a conversation even when its out of topic or judging strangers by their "pedigree") are actually losers in everything else in life. kaya they get this feeling of accomplishment coz they went to XYZ school so many years ago because they cant be proud of where they are now or what theyre doing....

Amen!

I have met quite a few na ganyan....I still know a few who are like that. Agree ako sa iyo kapatid...kasi that is a portion of their life that they can be really proud of.

Unfortunately, maybe there hasn't been an experience or 'greater force' in the more recent past that they can associate themselves with, para ma-dismiss na nila yung mentality about their school/work that they are so proud of.

They are also are 'COMPLACENT' with what they have...don't get me wrong...complacency and contentment makes one happy.
    BUT until they find something better, until something else opens up their eyes to better things, until something else broadens their minds...their current complacency and contentment with what they know, will prevail.

sa aking palagay lamang:
    -ego goes hand-in-hand with pride.
    -arrogance is a defense mechanism for the insecure.
    Last edited by pparado; February 24th, 2005 at 10:46 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed...ako nung pumapasok pa, aaminin ko na sobrang loyalista ako dun..lalo na pag uaap.pero ngayon..wala lang...steady lang...parang nawala ang pagka "fanatic".

maybe it's because people are eaten by the system when they are in it.

ex: ilagay mo si $!&^%#_(**^$$# sa isang ...PAGER network...for sure pagtatanggol niya yun.pag nilagay mo sa kabila, for sure ipagtatanggol niya yun...get my rift?herhehrerh...labo...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with iluvdetailing...it boils down to the person,not the institution!!

it's just there as a venue for improving one's self and acquiring knowledge...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    M54: what school is that? Duke? UNC? UCLA? FSU? Univ of Florida?
    i went to georgetown bagsak kami ngayon but hopefully john thompson iii can turn it around.

but i also attended university of the philippines for some of my undergrad, and i did hear some of that "taga-UP kasi, eh" stereotype...whether it referred to intelligence, intellectual arrogance, social activism, or fraternity violence

i went to georgetown bagsak kami ngayon but hopefully john thompson iii can turn it around.
    Oh... nakasabay mo pala sila Patrick Ewing? Dikembe Motumbo and Alonzo Mourning? Mukhang mahihirapan, lahat ng blue chip prospects diretso sa NBA Is John Thompson still coaching? I thought that he works for TNT

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    same lang kami ni black magic ng school ... St.Jude (yung sa tabi ng Malacanang, not the hospital/college...until nasipa sya... ako pinagtyagaan ko na lang...kahit na ang hirap at yung mga chinese subjects na walang ka kwenta kwenta ay natapos ko rin ang St.Jude (yung sa tabi ng Malacanang, not the hospital/college) pero minsan nakakatawa reactions ng mga taon pag tinanong ako saan ako nag high school...pag sinagot mo na St. Jude...wow ang hirap dun ah. natapos mo? ...

not so proud of that school pero when i hear those words makes me think na...matyaga rin pala ako...hehehe...13 years of super strict na pari...pagkagradute once lang ako bumalik sa school na yun... natsambahan sa store namin nag order ng pang sportfest nila, so ako inutusan ng erpat mag delliver since alam ko daw pasikot sikot sa school... pag pasok ko pang lang ng headteacher's office sabi agad nung head teacher...Di ba alumni ka? bat di mo sinabi dati na may sporting goods store pala kayo. sana sainyo na kami bumili dati pa... in my mind..."ano ako tanga? sasabihin ko na my shop kami eh di hiningi nyo na lang lahat, di na uy."

tapos UST hay... not so proud of it din... Veed la lang talaga tayong ganung sentiments sa school natin...oo thanks naturuan nila tayo pero bayad naman sila so tama na loyalty...pag graduate...bye
    Last edited by impulzz; February 25th, 2005 at 12:08 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Not a bash, but just a question I don't understand...