New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why are there so many "loyalist" sa schools and work nila?

Again, I'm not pointing at any one of the Tsikoteers, and there's nothing wrong with being one, I just don't get it.

School: What's the big deal if you're from a certain school? So many people are into this "WE" are better than you, even outside their school activities, even ages after they left the school... I don't get it. So many instances show ignorance due to pride that occurs with conversations that contains this subject matter...

Sa sports maiintindihan ko pa, it's a direct statistical competition and "legacy" thing. Sa academics, why? I mean, for every one successful graduate of ANY reputable school, I can bet that 5 or more are not doing anything more than a "lesser" school grad.

Sa office ganun din, it's one thing being proud of what YOU'RE DOING or contributing, but unless you're directly causing the company's success, or inyo yung company, why fight with other people about which company is better?

I just don't get it... :question:

Again, before you think I'm saying what you're doing is "wrong" I never said that, I just don't understand why and what for...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wish I can relate to your question. Pero Im not even proud of my school, hehehe. Isinusuka ko nga itong lecheng school na 'to. I cant wait til I graduate (June 05) at nakakahiya din pati school name.

Re: Work

Again, I cant relate. I have never been into any argument kse kagaya mo kapatid, hindi naman sakin ang company ko, hahahaha. Whats the point? I work, they pay me...simple as that.

Anyway, I guess some people really take pride of where they work or which school they came from. Just give them the benefit of the doubt...sakyan mo na lang trip nila...hahaha.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I guess it is related to, naahhhh, it all boils down to: "EGO".

Being associated with something/someone that is successful, somehow brings a sense of pride to the person associated to it. They may not be directly involved with the organization or institution's success, but they still are in a way, no matter how small.

The individual wants to be identified with the successful organization, because in some ways, the institution's success, carries/spills over to them.

Hence, an image is created. (image = ego)

*just my 2 cents....
    Last edited by pparado; February 24th, 2005 at 11:30 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Puso mo pre...

Basta number#1 ang UP.

Go Unciano Polytechnic! Gu Gu Gu! :D
    Last edited by the_wildthing; February 24th, 2005 at 11:36 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako rin. proud lang to a certain extent, but not a fanatic :D

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Yep! It's an EGO thing. Same thing with peeps with high-end and a non-so-high-end cars. They feel that the peeps driving a "cheaper" vehicle should give way. Those who came from THOSE schools and the rest should be least prioritized. Coņo schmucks! Elitist pigs! Sounding like an aktibista or a sour loser 'coz I don't belong to them or inggit lang bah? Hehehe. :D I hope you guys understand what I really meant. Hirap i-explain eh. BTW they should also learn and live the word HUMILITY.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minsan kasi, turo ng magulang or na mana sa magulang ang anak kaya natanim na sa utak niya dapat ganyan/ganito ek-ek.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding

Re: Work

Again, I cant relate. I have never been into any argument kse kagaya mo kapatid, hindi naman sakin ang company ko, hahahaha. Whats the point? I work, they pay me...simple as that.

Anyway, I guess some people really take pride of where they work or which school they came from. Just give them the benefit of the doubt...sakyan mo na lang trip nila...hahaha.
    Ako never padin hehe, nakikita ko lang madalas sa mga ibang officemate ko dati sa Microsoft, kahit nasisante na proud na proud padin at pinagtatanggol hehe.

Parehas tayong sentiment regarding work, I work you pay me end of story.

==========================
    pparado: May point ka dun... Natatawa ako sobra sa mga ibang kausap ko na tipong 20yrs na naggraduate, hihirit pa na "taga XYZ school ako, kahit mamatay ako di ko papaaralin anak ko sa ZYX!!!" (kayo na magfill-in kung ano yung XYZ at ZYX hehe)

the_wildthing: Di ako galit o naasar hehe, nagtataka lang, I could care less, I find it amusing lang.

Nung nasa Brent ako natatawa nga ako sa isang friend ko, kickout sya ng ADMU, ewan ko kung ano nagawa nyang kalokohan, everytime we pass by LSGH, binababa nya talaga bintana at minumura ang skwela... Eh, grade 1-5 lang naman sya sa ADMU, from 6-12 nasa Brent sya hehe labo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounding like an aktibista or a sour loser 'coz I don't belong to them or inggit lang bah? Hehehe.
    natumbok mo kapatid! its all of the above. yan mga nag ra-rally na yan bigyan mo ng pera tatameme yan eh. Asan na ang ipinaglalaban nila? Shet, yung mga leader ng mga aktibista nasa ibang bansa, iwan ang mga taga-sunod at walang nararating. Pero binibigyan din naman sila ng pera para mag rally,ang gulo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The question for those people is "Does the school or company love you back the same way you love them? Are they proud of you the same way you are proud of them?" Ako kasi i know my school reciprocates with me. I hated my school so my school hated me more hehe. Sinipa ako bwahaha.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Not a bash, but just a question I don't understand...